Happy Birthday

Word count: 531

"Jane, were are we going?" you asked the small twin. Her tiny, ice cold hands were wrapped around your head, covering your eyes while she gently pushed you forward.
"You will see, my darling." She said as she pushed you further down the hallway.
Soon a soft summer breeze hit your face, and the smell of grass and flowers filled your nose.
"Keep your eyes closed, love." Jane whispered as she gently removed her hand from your eyes. You heard her move away, biting your lip to prevent your eyes from opening.

"Alright, you may open your eyes, love." You heard the sweet voice of Jane say. As soon as those words left her lips your eyes were opened. You looked around the garden in awe. The trees were decorated with fairy lights, silver and golden coloured balloons were gently flowing in the wind and some silver and golden garlands were wrapped around the trunks of the trees and flower pots. In the middle of it all was a picnic blanket and basket. The basket contained some of your favourite foods and drinks and a small jewellery box was placed besides it.

"Oh Jane, I absolutely love it!" you said as the shock of the surprise faded away slightly. Jane gave a small, childish laugh from joy.
"I am so glad you like it. Happy Birthday, my love. Come sit down." She said as she took a seat on the blanket. You wasted no time and sat down beside her. Jane poured your drink in a glass and even poured herself a glass for show, but you knew you would be the one to drink her drink in the end. You clinked glasses before taking a small sip.
"This is absolutely perfect, Jane." You said as you gently kissed her cheek. Jane wasn't one to show her emotions, so for her to do this was something grand.
"I have one more thing for you." She said as she grabbed the jewellery box that you had almost forgotten. "I couldn't be more happy than I am right now giving you this." She said as she placed the box in the palm of your hand. You smiled and slowly opened it, knowing it must be worth a lot, knowing the Volturi and how they cared little for things as money.

You looked into the box and gasped audibly. In it was a Volturi crest, the one the coven members and high guard wore. You gently took the necklace out of the box and let the heavy, cold metal be warmed by the body heat radiating from your palm.
"Does this mean?" You asked, afraid to ask the final part. Janes smile grew even wider.
"Yes it does, my love. Tonight after you are ready I will change you and you will officially be part of the guard. But mostly, you will be my mate for all eternity." She said as she gently took the necklace from your hands and clasped it securely around your neck.
"Oh Jane." You said before kissing her. Jane was taken back at first but soon responded to your kiss happily. Eternity was starting tonight, and you couldn't wait.