【34】That Awkward Moment

The weekend I spent with Kate and Tammy provided all the distractions I needed

The weekend I spent with Kate and Tammy provided all the distractions I needed. To my great joy, both of them were made to get along. They not only shared a love for Friends, but also an affection for girly stuff and Chris Hemsworth.

For two days, our apartment turned into a spa facility, and facemasks, skincare, and hair removal became mandatory. Tammy took care of my bangs, which had grown too long, and Kate insisted on imposing a bikini wax on me. Because I was still not over that time she'd accidentally burned me down there with scorching wax, I agreed at the sole condition that a professional had to do it. This resulted in a trip to an actual salon. They took a couple's face massage together, enjoying the fuck out of it, while I endured what could only be qualified as medieval torture. I'd forgotten how painful that shit was. Anyhow, this bad moment resulted in my chocha being "ready to be taken out," Kate had stated with a proud smile.

In Tamika's mind, we were doing all this for my date with Oliver, Wednesday evening. In Kate's, however, it was for someone else, even though she said nothing of it; I knew her well enough to see she thought something was going on between my boss and me. In my mind, however, I was doing it for myself, because a girl deserved to treat herself once in a while, masculine influences ignored.

My blonde friend hadn't peeped a word about Friday evening's events, but I knew she was dying to hear some details. Kate was too smart not to know who had reduced me to such a state of advanced debauchery, but she understood the matter wasn't funny or up for debate. Kate could see how the situation tormented me and didn't insist. She wouldn't last forever, though, and I would have to open up at some point.

In all truth, I wouldn't even know where to start. What had happened was wrong, I knew that and felt it deep inside of me, but the memories of it felt so right... It was hard to keep a clear mind. I couldn't let anything happen between Lex and me. We weren't compatible in so many ways. He was my boss, unattainable, arrogant, and cold. We were polar opposites. It didn't matter if my vagina sang serenades every time he looked my way, sex wasn't everything. I loved my job, loved my roommate, loved my new friends... I wasn't going to ruin everything I had for a few minutes of bliss, even given by him.

But what if it was the blissiest bliss that ever was?

No. It didn't matter if Lex had a magic penis that could make me touch the stars and see God. I was not going to jeopardize my job, my relationship with Oli, my pride... just because my hormones went hysterical around the man. My oxytocin levels didn't define me.

Apart from our trip to the salon, we barely got out, like the couch worms we were. Eventually, when Saturday evening came, we considered going to a bar for some much-deserved glasses of wine, but then decided the wine at home would be perfect.

On Sunday, Kate accompanied me to take care of my abandoned car, having it towed by a mechanic. The man at the garage explained to me he'd take a look at it, but advised I should get a new car instead, as the reparation costs would probably be higher than the car's current value. Although I technically had money now, it was hard for me to decide to invest in a new vehicle. Avoiding unnecessary waste had been a part of my education, so as long as my car wasn't falling apart, I'd keep using it.