【48】All the Salt in the World

As suspected, Tamika didn't take my nocturnal activities well, and by the time we came into work, it was still somewhat tense between us

She couldn't understand why I wasn't taking Oli seriously, to the point where I'd sleep around with someone else. She knew I wanted to put Oli on hold, but she didn't suspect the reason why. Since I couldn't tell her about my overwhelming attraction to our boss, we were at an impasse. Because I didn't want to add to her suspicions, I preferred to let her believe it was just a meaningless one-night stand. And it was the truth anyway, right? Maybe not absolutely meaningless, because it had been Lex, but it was a one-night stand nevertheless.

A one-night stand I was seconds away from seeing again.

As I walked into the hallway leading to our shared office, I repeated the same words I'd been telling myself for the past two hours: "Everything's going to be fine," I whispered.

We were both adults, we'd shared a night of passion and lust, and now we would move on. At least I would try. The images of him and what he'd done to me were haunting me. The man really had it all, and it was taking a toll on my resolve.

A massive lump was clogging my throat when I reached the door and tried to swallow it away. Shit, this is going to be so fucking awkward. It would, at first, and then we'd eventually get back to a more normal state. The sooner this was over with, the better.

Resolute, I knocked twice and opened the door. I spotted him instantly, standing in the middle of the room, and then noticed Kevin was also there. The both of them were speaking, and they turned to me as soon as I opened the door. Lex's eyes found mine with the acuity of a hawk and looked at me with a somehow irked glare. I barely noticed his dark mood, prone to a surge of unwanted memories and feelings. I held his gaze for a moment, feeling my face and body heat up under his intensity.

Flashes and images of last night, when he'd ravished me with deep and powerful thrusts, flooded my brain. I was remembering, with incredible precision, his grunts of pleasure, the touch of his strong hands over my skin, the warmth of his tongue pleasuring me beyond words... Tell me, Andrea... Tell me how much that tight little pussy of yours wanted my cock.

Fuck, I couldn't do this.

We had barely looked at each other for two seconds, and sensual hunger was already overtaking me. Before it became too obvious, I turned to Kevin and forced a smile on my face.

"Hi, boss," I said, as I moved to join my side of the desk. When I passed by them, I looked up furtively at Lex and gave him a small 'Hello', before making my way to my chair. I sat down, wincing at the ache the pressure caused on my overworked femininity. Trying to make myself invisible, I took out my things as my bosses eventually resumed their conversation behind me.

"You were the one who wanted the slot. And now you're telling me you won't be coming?" Lex said, audibly irritated. The RuPaul's Drag Race fan in me loved drama too much to not pay attention to what was happening.