【64】All Work and no Play

Lex stared at me with surprise, confused by my sudden change of mood

Lex stared at me with surprise, confused by my sudden change of mood. As I stood, I avoided looking down at his perfect body, sprawled on the couch, his erection there for the taking.

"What is happening? What did I say?" he asked when I was done clipping my bra in front of me. I turned it around and passed my arms through the straps.

Understanding we wouldn't continue, he pulled up his pants, lifting himself from the couch before sitting back. He didn't bother fastening his pants, staring at me with incredulity instead.

"Lex, you need to take a moment to think long and hard about what you want from me," I said, trying not to let my overwhelming emotions affect my voice. I grabbed my sweater and arranged the inside out situation. "When we started, you told me we'd just fuck around, with no further implications. Then, you ask for exclusivity, a signed document, then this... You wanting me to be your first raw experience means something, whether you admit it or not." I paused long enough to slip on my top.

"I know I'm going to get hurt from this. We both knew it from the start," I admitted, my voice trembling slightly. "But you aren't making any effort to preserve me. You're charming when you're not being a jerk, incredible at sex, humorous... And now you tell me I make you jealous for the first time in your life, that you want me more and more, and you ask of me things that are meaningful and important. How am I supposed to not get attached when you're like this?"

"Would you rather I treat you like shit?" he asked, visibly irritated.

"No, I'd rather you treat me like your booty call, and not like I'm your—" I stopped my tongue before it went any further.

"Like my what, Andrea?"

Lover.

"Nothing. Forget I even said anything."

"How am I supposed to treat you like my 'booty call' when I see you five days a week?" he asked, perplexed. "It doesn't work like that."

"How does it work, then?" I insisted, my voice cracking up. He passed a nervous hand in his hair, his face twisted with confusion and frustration.

"I don't fucking know. It's the first time I'm in this situation, and I don't know how to operate. All I know is you drive me mad. I want you constantly, and I can't bring myself to end this. I don't know where it is going, and I don't know where I want it to go. When it comes to you, I can't think fucking straight!"

I knew exactly what he meant. I was feeling the same way toward him. Ending what I had with him seemed impossible, despite knowing I should. Shit, we were in one problematic clusterfuck.

"It hasn't even been two weeks yet," he continued, his rational mind in the working. "I think we should wait more before trying to label it. We'll have a better vision of things after a month has passed."

It meant about two weeks. I could handle two extra weeks, right? We'd almost done the half already. Yes, waiting for a whole month seemed preferable.

"So, we keep it light and breezy for another two weeks, and then we see where we're at?"