【67】Nailing It

When we arrived at the convention – barely late – I was definitely relaxed and appeased

When we arrived at the convention – barely late – I was definitely relaxed and appeased. Lex's wicked ways had made a very happy woman out of me.

After a little game of seventeen minutes in heaven, we'd moved to the shower, to rid ourselves of the sticky smell of sex covering us. Following that shower, which hadn't been steamy just because of the hot water, we'd separated to go to our respective rooms. I had quickly blow-dried my hair and redone my makeup, as well as applied a coat of red nail polish. In the meantime, Lex went to get the things we needed for the conference.

We had met back in the lobby before heading to Hello World together. Thankfully, I wasn't limping. But it was pretty sure several of my muscles would be sore later on.

Once more, it was hard not to have intimate gestures toward Lex, whom I liked very much at the moment, my body still tingling from our morning interlude together. We showed our badges to the security guy in hall B, and he gave us access backstage. Someone from the convention's team guided us to a room where the guys were already waiting. Instead of coming in, Lex immediately went to speak with the stage manager, to give him the visuals and set up the feedback from the phones to the screens.

The guys were sitting around the room, Brian and Joseph having a silent conversation, Oliver and Steven on their phones. Mace seemed to not be doing so well, and I understood the bad sushi was still at it.

"Ah, there you are. We were starting to worry," said Oliver, putting his phone away and coming to me.

"Sorry, halfway here I realized I forgot something back at the hotel, so we wasted some time," I lied.

"Well, at least the walk helped. You look much better."

"It really did," I agreed, trying not to blush – a lost cause. Dammit. "Okay, we need to see a few things before it starts."

We had decided that Steven and Brian would be responsible for handling the visuals, and I had already given them the rundown of my presentation, explaining which graphics should be shown and when. We went through it together, making sure they understood it all. Since Oliver was listening as well, he kindly offered to go with them to the control room, stating three brains were better than two. I agreed, knowing he was right.

We were just reaching the end of it when Lex came back, slightly nervous. "It starts in a little under five minutes. People are already coming in to sit. Half the seats are taken so far," he explained. I nodded with a grimace, letting out a small sigh.

I could do this. I just had to not let it go to my head.

"We should head there," I suggested, ignoring the lump forming in my throat. It would be fine. Lex thought the presentation was great, the team at Kelex had made some awesome visuals, and I'd have Mason backing me.

We all agreed it was time to separate, so the guys in charge of handling the screens' content left for the control room, and we moved to the stage entrance, with Lex, Mace, and Joseph. My nervousness increased more with each step, and I wished I'd been alone with Lex. I wanted him to hold me tight, to make all the worries fade away.