【58】Bacon With a Side of Embarrassment

The following morning, despite my lack of a proper night of sleep, I was feeling strangely energized

The following morning, despite my lack of a proper night of sleep, I was feeling strangely energized. Although I may have looked tired, I didn't feel any sort of fatigue. My legs were sore, though, and I was going to avoid stairs for the next 24 to 48 hours.

After a shower that had inevitably turned into more, I had passed out in Lex's bed, needing to regain some strength before I could return to my own room. I had woken up a little before six, and as tempting as some amazing morning slex sounded, I had sneaked my way out of his room. When I had finally reached my own, I had gone back to sleep after setting my alarm to the last possible moment.

It was now nine-thirty, and I was making my way into the breakfast area, looking for my people. I spotted them at the same time they did me, Mace and Oli waving from afar. After I'd waved back, I filled myself a plate as I passed the buffet, properly famished. By the time I arrived at their table, I had a tray full of food.

"Wow, someone's hungry," Oli noted.

Looking down at my breakfast, I realized I may have gone a bit overboard. There was a croissant, scrambled eggs with bacon and toast, a small loaf of bread, a banana, an apple, a bowl of cereal, a cup of tea, and a glass of orange juice.

Okay, I'd never finish all that, but almost.

Unsure how to justify my abnormal hunger, I shrugged my shoulders and sat down. I took a bite of eggs and noticed Brian and Steven were acting strangely. They were looking at the room's entrance, examining the people coming in.

"Oh, could it be her?" Brian asked while pointing at a woman who'd just entered. Steven looked at the tall brunette inquisitively, and when a man joined her, sliding his hand around her waist, Steven shook his head.

"What's going on?" I asked, more and more intrigued.

"We're looking for a good-looking woman with a limp."

"Or one in a wheelchair."

Confused, I looked at Oli. He rolled his eyes and shook his head, apparently disagreeing with them. "Is it some new fetish you two have developed overnight?" I asked with humor.

"It's a long story," Brian said, dismissing my question with a vague hand gesture. I refused to be the only one around this table excluded from the conversation, so I turned to Steven.

"Okay, so what happened was that when we came back from the ramen place yesterday, Brian broke our toilet with his fat ass."

"Hey! I keep telling you it must have been broken before I sat on it." Brian was skin and bones, so I doubted the 'fat ass' comment had been genuine, but he still took it personally.

"Anyway. It was unusable, so they relocated us to another room shortly after that," Steven continued. "It was an upgrade, so we were feeling pretty good about it. But that was until the people next to us started to have sex like wild animals."