【79】The Beau

Strategically, Lex dropped me a couple of blocks away from the building after an intense and longing goodbye kiss

Strategically, Lex dropped me a couple of blocks away from the building after an intense and longing goodbye kiss. It was absurd how reluctant we'd been to let go, knowing fully well we'd be in the same building in a matter of minutes.

Somehow, I had a feeling things would be easier from now on than the hectic beginning of this week. I wouldn't be as touchy for sure, since I'd gotten a very decent amount of dicking, and tomorrow night I was seeing him again.

The short walk to the building felt great, and for once I didn't mind the cool wind blowing in my face. My head needed to be aired out so I could detach myself from the past fifteen hours. It was either that, or I wouldn't be able to do any work today.

I'd tried my best to honor my promise and make it the best night of his life. It was unsure if I'd succeeded, but to me at least, last night was definitely number one in my top three, of which number two and number three also belonged to Lex.

Dear Lord... To think I'd almost told him I loved him.

Now, I could see how it was too soon, not only for him to hear, but for me to know. Clearly, I really, really liked him, but I didn't know him that well yet. You couldn't be in love with someone you barely knew, right?

But it seemed as though I knew him. It felt as if I'd always known Lex. He was rigid and disciplined, but he also had a hidden sense of humor I adored, and sometimes he would bend the rules when it came to me. I didn't know his family, but I could see how affectionate he was with his sisters every time he talked about them. He was wickedly smart, and despite being a very cerebral person, he had a sensual side to him that went beyond what I could have imagined. He cared about me enough to overcome his worries about the internet and send me a naughty pic, or to add me into his AI.

All those things and so much more were the reason I was falling in love with him so hard and so fast. It was insane to think I'd never known the feeling in twenty-six years, but in a little over two months of knowing Lex, I was discovering it all, unable to contain or slow down the fast growth of my feelings.

Now that I was thinking about it, all this was going very fast. Two months were so few. We'd first kissed what, four, five weeks ago? And then we'd had sex not even a month ago?

Four weeks. Things had really started four weeks ago. And I was already addicted to him. Already falling in love, already wanting to spend all my time with him. By anyone's standards, that was way too fast. We needed to slow things down, to let all those things build up at a more reasonable pace. But I honestly didn't want to. It didn't matter if it was fast or a lot. It felt strong, real, and important.

Each relationship was different, and we didn't have to fit a certain mold, follow a certain pattern, respect the same rules. Although we weren't in a relationship, it felt like one. It would become one, I was sure of it. What we shared had to go further. It seemed impossible it wouldn't.