【59】Trivia Night

Despite the problematic start, the rest of the day unfolded smoothly

Despite the problematic start, the rest of the day unfolded smoothly. Following my advice, Lex had apologized to Brian on the way to the convention center, leaving the guys quite surprised. We had spent the day roaming around, meeting people, attending presentations... It had been a lot like the day before.

Now, however, it was different. I was making my way to the hotel's bar, ready for the trivia contest. For the occasion, I had changed out of my day clothes to slip on something a little more dressed-up, as it felt more like a night out than a work thing. My simple black dress had a round cleavage and tight sleeves reaching just above my elbows. The skirt's hem went mid-thigh, but it was loose enough to not look too audacious. I had tried to wear the heels I'd brought with me, but it didn't feel right. Instead, I was wearing my black chucks. I'd considered taking my red leather jacket with me, but it made the ensemble a little too grungy.

My hair was up with loads of pins, and adding to my winged eyeliner, I was wearing red mat lipstick. I had hesitated for a while before applying it, and then another moment where I thought of removing it. I wasn't used to seeing myself with colored lips, so it always seemed odd. It was the same one I'd worn on my date with Oliver, and Kate and Tammy had assured me it was the perfect shade for me.

Walking through the lobby, I was a bit nervous, holding my small handbag with a death grip. I spotted some of the guys, Mason, Brian, and Steven, and went to them near the bar area where several groups had already formed, sitting in the booths.

"Oh, wow. You look like a woman," Brian said when I reached them.

"She is a woman, you moron," Mace defended me with a confused expression.

"I know, but right now she looks like one."

I could have felt offended, but I knew exactly what he meant. They were used to seeing me with superhero shirts and boyfriend jeans. I sometimes wore a skirt to work, but I was never very feminine. Tonight, however, I was feeling like a woman. A desirable one, I hoped, knowing Lex would join us for the trivia.

"Gentlemen," came his voice right next to me, surprising me. Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Startled, I turned to look at him and met his smoldering eyes scanning me, his jaw clenching and unclenching discreetly. Okay, so maybe I was desirable. He quickly regained control of himself and bowed his head slightly. "Andrea."

I nodded back, certain my voice would fail me if I tried to talk.

If there was one thing I liked more than Lex wearing a suit, it was Lex wearing a suit casually. He still had his charcoal pants with his black shirt, but he'd dismissed the jacket, rolled up his sleeves, and opened another button, revealing a light patch of chest hair. Also, his glasses were pointing out of his chest pocket, and if he whipped those out during the evening, I knew I'd lose it.

Fuck me dead and bury me pregnant. The man is temptation incarnate...

Before I could get too much into my lust-filled thoughts, the other two joined us. Upon seeing me, Oli looked at me from head to toe, before giving me an appreciative smile, a tad bit questioning. Right, I hadn't thought about this "looking desirable" thing very well. Not wanting to encourage him, or let him think this was for him, I gave him a forced smile and turned back to the others.