【36】Sweet Oli

To my great satisfaction, I arrived at the address Oli had given me five minutes in advance

To my great satisfaction, I arrived at the address Oli had given me five minutes in advance. For once, I'd taken an Uber, deciding I wouldn't ruin all of Tammy's work on public transportation. To my amusement, Oliver was already here, waiting for me, pacing anxiously.

The driver had dropped me at the corner, so I approached my date on foot, unnoticed. He was wearing an elegant outfit, casually smart. He had camel pants, a white T-shirt, and a navy blue jacket, and at his feet, impeccably white Vans.

When I came closer, he turned around and noticed me. If I had any doubts about Tammy's makeover abilities, Oliver's face would have certainly cleared them. He stopped right in his tracks, his jaw dropping slightly, visibly flabbergasted. I bit my lips to hold back a smile and joined him.

"Hi," I greeted, stopping in front of him.

He remained mute for a short moment, before shaking himself out of it. "Sorry, I was... Wow... Andy, you look..." Short of words, he shook his head again.

"I take it Tamika did a good job, then," I declared, spinning a little to show off the extent of her miracle.

"More than a good job, you're just... incredibly pretty. Not that you're not, usually!" he quickly added. "But right now, I'm wondering how a guy like me could get a date with a girl like you."

"Don't be ridiculous. You look amazing yourself. And don't worry, I'll get back to my chucks and superhero tees in no time," I joked, sliding my arm under his. "So, where are you taking me?"

The perfect restaurant he had found was still a mystery to me. With all the events of the last couple of weeks, I hadn't had the time to harass him into revealing the truth to me.

Oli looked down at me, still a little shocked, and moved his arm so he was supporting mine. When he spoke, he'd regained his confidence and was a little smug, proud of his job. "Well, after having analyzed every single restaurant in Seattle on TripAdvisor, I think I have found the best Korean restaurant in the city."

"We are eating Korean?!"

"Yup. And the comments are unanimous, they serve the best Korean barbecue you could find outside of Seoul. I know you've always wanted to go there, so I figured it was the next best thing I could do."

I squirmed against him, very excited. He smiled and gave me a warm look, his eyes sparkling with joy. He guided us in the darkening evening, and we walked for about five minutes until we turned into a narrow street. We reached our destination, and I looked at the humble front of the restaurant. It didn't look like much, and one would barely notice it when passing, but if Oli had done his homework, I trusted it was a really good place.

He went to open the door for me, making the wind chime hooked on the door jingle, and I entered as he followed closely.

"Good evening," a middle-aged woman welcomed us, coming to us. She was even smaller than me and had a thick Korean accent. I looked around the place, discovering a cozy interior. It wasn't overly decorated, with wood panels on the walls and a few paintings hanging. The furniture was simple yet elegant. They couldn't sit more than twenty people in the small space, and only two couples were here.