4. I Really Want You to Grow Up

When Vlad woke up, the king was no where in sight. He recalled the events that took place yesterday and frowned. [My soul is connected to the blood of the serpent king?]

Suddenly, his head felt like it was splitting. [It hurts...hurts.] After calming down, Vlad looked through his tear stained eyes only to find more than one unfamiliar women looking at him in distress.

"Could he be missing his mother?"

"Someone call the king!"

Hearing the noises, the pain that had subside began to take an affect again. "What's with all the noise?" A low and monotonous voice sounded.

When the voice reached the ears of everyone in the room, they bowed down and said in a light voice, "Hail to the king, may you have an eternal fortunes."

The King frowned. Without stopping, he went to get the tearful and vulnerable baby. Reaching out towards him, he held him in his arms. Finally, he said in a threatening voice, "Why is the prince in such distress?"

The maids in the room stayed kneeling on the floor. Hearing the question, they trembled knowing that they may not see the light of day again. Silence engulfed the room. When the king heard no answers, he scowled. "You want me to repeat?!"

The maids finches, and the room's atmosphere became even more stiff. "T-the prince m-may be l-lonely, y-your highness..."

"Hmmm... I see, leave me." The king ordered.

As if running for their life, that ran away like no tomorrow.

[They seemed to be quite afraid of you...] Vlad raised his eyebrows.

"Heh... I really want you to grow up soon..."

[For what? To kill me?] He sneered.

The king narrowed his eyes. His heart felt stuffy looking at the baby. He didn't like this feeling...

While the king was in his thoughts, the baby in his arms looked at him in confusion. He thought for sure this cold king would reprimand him. This confused him.

Suddenly, their silence was soon no more when a knock came by the door.

"Your highness, there has been a letter sent by the leaders of the four clans."