28. The South Wanderers

"The legendary beings brought down the dark beings whom we call outcast, by sacrificing themselves in the process. Now, there are barriers around the seven kingdoms that prevent the outcasts from coming in, but due to the amount of magic needed, sometimes, there are cracks in the barrier. During those times, some outcasts would invade in. One of the successful groups that have managed to survive are outcasts from the south. From the current information that we know of, it seemed to be an organization. Although we currently don't know of their motives. Since they are from the south, they call themselves magic wanderers of the south." Xanthus explained.

"Wouldn't the south wanderers be extremely strong then? After all, can't they devour the magic from the beings?" Vlad asked worriedly.

"The leaders that have the ability to do that were wiped out by the legendary beings, our ancestors. Now, only a few outcasts with the ability to think are left. It doesn't make anything easier, because they can control the others who don't have the ability to think." Xanthus replied.

Vlad fell into silence. Things were more complicated than he believed. In the game, no such thing ever happened, there were not even mentions of Haemon, the outcasts, and the south wanderers.

"You said they are dark beings? What does that mean? What's the difference between them and us, demons? Are we also not dark beings?" Vlad questioned.

The king sighed as he touched Vlad's hair. "Those things are not something you should be worrying about right now. All you need to know is that you will not go to them to save Ciar. This is more than a mere kidnaping incident."

"Then what about him? What about the contest of Avery?"

"I suppose we can only have the meeting with the other races." Xanthus lowered his eyes, hate could be seen brewing upon his scarlet eyes. "It's been quite awhile since we've had this sort of meeting."

Raphael listened to the king's thought and he bowed. "I will notify the other clan leaders as well as the other races."

The king gave no reply but said, "Leave, if that is all."

Raphael complied and left with his sister.

Looking at the now silent hall, Vlad shifted his eyes towards the king. He stared at the king so closely that he can see all of the details inside of his iris. Vlad watched as it changed from red, to blue, then golden.

Being stared at so intently, the king raised his hand to cover the eyes of the young prince. "Don't stare too much."

Vlad narrowed his eyes displeasingly. "Hnn."

"You'll be training even more now. The celebration will be moved up."

Vlad wore a puzzled expression. "What celebration?"