39. The Two Girls

When Vlad came into the scene, the first thing that caught his attention was the fight between a girl and a group of men.

Although the girl had an unusual appearance, her eyes were cold, like a bottomless pit. Yet, Vlad could see the anger and hatred within those eyes, glazing and burning with fire.

The dark haired girl was exhausted, but her back was still tall and strong, as if nothing can penetrate her deep sense of determination.

Just as another attack was coming, Vlad came forward and came to block the attack for the girl.

Everyone was surprised by his sudden appearance. At the other end, a man, whom Vlad presumed was the leader shouted, "What the fuck man! Get out of here or you'll die!"

Vlad frowned. "Well, this situation is quite complicated..."

"Get out of here! Don't mess with us!" The man threatens.

Vlad looks at the boss. His appearance was slightly fat and a bit average. He has two small horns coming from his head, and freckles covered his face.

Just by looking at him, Vlad knew that he wasn't the true mastermind for this incident. The man was far too mediocre, he had no sense of oppression nor smart.

Glancing at the dark haired girl, he found that the girl was looking elsewhere, and that elsewhere was a prison carriage that held another girl.

Without wanting to waste anymore time, Vlad grabbed the black haired girl and transport himself into the carriage before yet again bringing the other girl and left.

The men didn't have anytime to react and could only stare dumbly as the three people disappeared.

•••

Somewhere far within the forest, Vlad appears with the two girls that he saved. Be that as it may, one of the girls suddenly grabs her companion and stepped away from Vlad into a distance of about 2 meters.

"Who are you?" Asked the girl holding a sword.

"Me? I'm just a passerby." Vlad smiled innocently. Honestly, it wasn't his intention to get himself into trouble like that.

The girl grits her teeth and scoffs. "A passerby who can teleport like that, someone that was able to completely hide your presence, and someone that can break through that barrier..."

"Rina..." The girl with the violet hair uttered as she grabbed the hems of the other's clothes.

Vlad took a good look at her, she was pale and seemed to be sickly. Vlad felt uneasy looking at her hair and eye colour. Not to mention the fact that she looks like a young mistress. If this is true, then he really doesn't want to get involved with her.

"This man is dangerous." The dark haired replies.

"He saved us! We should thank him, not accuse him..."

Hearing their conversation, Vlad interjected. "No need for thanks. It was nothing. I should get going now. Be careful, I hope things work out for you."