16. Eanred

The tower was a place in which Vlad was trained in history and knowledge. His teacher, was the tower's current head and owner. For centuries, the tower had held a special meaning in the palace, for the first master had been a special friend of the first demon king.

The tower specializes in history, knowledge, and magic. It could even be called a library. It's a tower full of books of magic incantations, history of the world, and knowledge of beings.

Only those of the higher authority is able to go in the tower. Currently, only a specific few are able to enter. The reason for that is because the amount of knowledge the tower has, which can cause the destructions to cities if used incorrectly.

The tower is located at the end of the palace, devoid of any noise. Just like it's name, it is a tall and large tower which could be seen from the city. What Vlad liked the most from the tower is the garden. Many colours of flowers bloom at the entrance of the tower.

Vlad looked in daze looking at all of these flowers.

"Why is it that every time, I find you here?"

Vlad turned to look towards the voice. He smiled at the man. "Ean!"

The man looked at Vlad with a helpless smile. "How many times did I tell you to call me master Eanred?"

Vlad laughed. The man in front of him was not only a gentle man, but was also the master of the tower. So gentle, that it made Vlad calm down whenever he's in distress.

"Master Ean, is it really your curse to make others feel calm around you?" Vlad asked softly, thinking about his mood from a minute ago.

"I wonder... Do you think it's a curse?" Eanred gazed at Vlad.

Vlad looked at the flowers and breathed in the scent. He stayed silent for awhile before answering, "The power itself can be a blessing but the origin...."

Eanred sighed. "Maybe I shouldn't have told you about the origin."

"But you didn't tell me... you only told me that someone had given this to you." Vlad spoke to Eanred. His tone comfortable.

In the year that they've known each other, Vlad had treated Eanred more like an older brother than master. Eanred was like a friend to him. Perhaps he felt this way because of Eanred's power, but he also knew that without the power, they would still he friends.

"Shall I tell you?" Eanred smiled mysteriously.