33. Risse

"The plant has taken effect on the Prince." A voice echoed from a blue crystal.

The man smirk. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Currently, the palace guards is looking for the plant. The king is very furious regarding this matter." The voice assured.

Darius smiled with satisfaction, "Leave no evidence behind, Hild. You've done well."

"I know that. I made sure no evidence is left behind. This is the last time, I'll be out of the palace by tonight." Hild proclaimed.

"Hmmm... I can't let you do that."

Hild went silent. "....You won't let me do that so you're going to make me stay here and wait 'till Xanthus kill me? Nope. I'm out of here."

The corner of his lips went down as Darius spoke in a threatening tone. "You are disobeying me?"

"No, Lord Darius. I am simply obeying my master's order." Hild replied.

"My brother's order?" Darius muttered. "Do what you want to do then."

Hild hummed and disconnected from the communication.

Darius looked at the blue crystal that shattered and turned to dust. His thoughts was unknown and only the hatred in his eyes could be seen.

•••

"Any lead?" Xanthus snapped.

Neoma shook his head with a trembling lips. "This is my fault, your highness."

Just as Xanthus was about to say something, Eanred walked in, his expression grave. "It may be too late, your highness. That plant is an extremely rare and highly effective poison."

"So what?! Find the antidote!" Xanthus screamed.

Neoma flinched and Eanred sighed.

"Please calm down, your highness. Listen to my voice and calm down." Eanred spoke gently, his eyes looking at Xanthus nervously.

Xanthus looked at him and sighed in a defeated manner. "Looks like your ability is...."

"The plant is called Risse." Eanred interrupted.

Xanthus stopped. "Risse.... it's name is familiar..."

Eanred nodded.  "It's the same plant that your father suffered from."

Xanthus' hands began to clench even more. From the force, blood dribbled down to his fingertips and finally to the ground. "That plant can only be found in Haemon... Looks like this was planned by those damned outcasts!"

"Right now, we can do nothing. We can only hope that the prince will come out unharmed."

Xanthus furrowed his eyebrows together. He was afraid of loosing Alaric again. His Alaric, the legendary serpent king...

However, there was something that he found strange. Vlad once said something about his tragic past life and it wasn't the memory of his past life as Alaric. Then what was it?

•••