26. Inside the Letter

Hey guys! I am back from my hiatus and ready to upload some chapters ). Hope you all have been well and healthy <3. I've been able to get some rest and has balanced out my work, so it was time for me to come back! (꒪꒳꒪) To make it up, I'll be posting 2 more chapters for this book soon! Working on it now... I wanted to upload all 3 together on Sunday, but I was too excited to wait...( ). So Enjoy!!!

------

The king frowned at the information. "A letter addressed to the prince?"

Raphael nodded. "It was found in the palace of Asteria. No beings have seen the letter as it was found personally by us."

The king was silent. His mind seemed to be contemplating something.

Vlad listened to the whole thing. His mind becoming more and more confused. What is going on here? First, it was his memory and now this incident? Let's not forget to mention that this may be related to the incident caused by the fifth prince during his banquet?

With his patience running out, Vlad couldn't help but become interested in the letter. Was this incident planned because of him?

"Bring the letter here." Vlad ordered.

Vlad's sudden outburst surprised the three people in the room. The king furrowed his eyebrows, looking displeased. "It's best if you don't read it."

Vlad stared at the king silently. "It was addressed to me. It may also contain information on the missing king of magic."

Xanthus sighed and reluctantly agree. With his magic, the letter was brought to the front of their eyes. Silence filled the room. There was no movement and no sound of anything at all. No sound of heartbeat, breath, and even voices. After reading the note, the king's expressionless face stayed the same, but his eyes betrayed his façade. Rage, anger, hate could be seen swirling inside of his black, bottomless eyes. The continued silence was starting to become tension and very second, the tension grew. The atmosphere became so brittle that is can snap. No one speaks.

The letter contained words written by magic and it said:

'Ciar is on our hands. If you don't want him to die, come to us, prince of the demons. Come alone and bring no one. We will give you 3 months. If you do not come by then, the man will die. Meet the magic wanderers of the south, and they shall lead you to us.'

The leader of the fox clan and his sister frowned. In their minds they wondered: What was said in the letter that can make the king look like that?

Although Vlad felt like it wasn't such a big deal, obviously the king didn't think so. "I can do that." He suggests.

"No, you won't. You will not be going anywhere." The king refused him without a second thought.

"Ciar will die! Wouldn't that cause an uproar?! He is the king of magic and has a reputation. His power is known to all. Something so big... yet you want me to leave it as it is?!" Vlad protests.

"He is not as important as you. He is replaceable, but you are not. If you go, you will die. Believe me, it's not worth it. You have no idea of what you're getting yourself into. The magic wanderers of the south is no joke." The king grimly replied. Both his expression and tone leave no room for discussion.

Just as Vlad wanted to ask for more information, shouts interrupted him.

"--The magic wanderers of the south?!"

Vlad looks at the two siblings, surprised by their shouts. Inspecting them carefully, Vlad was confused. The two held such frightening expression. Who or what is the magic wanderers of the south?