31. Chamber of Illusion

Vlad understood that this meeting will certainly be extremely important. He wondered if he could cross paths with the protagonist? It would truly be entertaining if he could see the protagonist and Vanity Lupe together. Will it go according to the game...or will something unexpected happen?

For the first time in a while, Vlad felt excitement rushing through his veins. In a good mood, the corners of his mouth lifted and his eyes brightened.

Eanred glanced at him through the corner of his eyes, his expression gentle. He didn't know what the young prince conjured up, but as long as he was happy, nothing else mattered. Unfortunately, he knew that the prince's happiness would not last very long. After all, where they're headed is the Illusionary Chamber. Perhaps the prince will remember his memories from when he was the serpent king...

"Your highness, do you know where we are going?" Eanred voiced out.

Vlad looked at the taller man and shook his head. "Is it not the usual training chamber?"

Eanred shifted his gaze and hesitated. "No... We'll be going to the Illusionary Chamber under the orders of his majesty, the king."

Vlad stopped as he looked at the silver door a few meters from him. The door looked so mysterious and conspicuous-- which seemed out of place in this golden tower. The hall fell silent.

Furrowing his brows, Vlad inquired, "Why would Xanthus order you to bring me here?"

Eanred bowed and replied, "The king noticed that your power was suppressed and maybe even blocked. Although the speed of your power is growing at an extremely fast rate, the king wants to take measures to make you stronger as soon as possible."

"Blocked?" Vlad voiced out his thoughts. His voice was spoken with a hint of displeasure. "Is that common?"

"It is neither common nor rare. Just in between."

"Then... you brought me here to unblock my powers?" Vlad raised his eyebrows.

Eanred nodded as he spoke gently, "Yes, you'll have to meditate and face your shadows in the chamber of illusion..."

Vlad became silent. His shadows? He had to face them? Aren't they basically asking him to go back to his memory? To his hell? His fears?

Vlad clenched his teeth till it ache, his eyes turning blood shoot. What was this feeling? Is it anger? No... but it's painful. It took all of his self control to not rage. He looked up to meet Eanred's gaze and smiled gently, trying to calm his raging heart. "Oh? My shadows?"

Eanred didn't reply. However, his brow drew together closer and closer as seconds passed. He felt quite strange, his power didn't affect the young prince?

[No, it cannot be. This is the curse of Malvolia, the young prince should be calm right about now. Why is his heart so agitated? Is his hatred this strong enough to even break free from the curse? But hatred? From his memory, the prince didn't experience any great mishap so far. No, is it because of his past memories? However, that should also be impossible...the prince shouldn't have recovered his memory. Then what is it? what was strong enough to break the curse? Breaking the cure is impossible... it is absolutely impossible! ] Eanred reflected.