25. Missing Ciar

"Is it not true that the contest still quite far away?" The king spoke.

"It is true your highness, however, there have been an incident that happened in the palace of Asteria." Raphael answered, his eyes becoming sharp.

"The palace of Asteria?"

"Yes. As you know already, the contest will happen six month from now. The current king of Avery, Ciar have completely disappeared. After continuously winning the title, you must know of how strong he is... but he is gone. There's no traces of him."

The king frowned. "Gone? That can't be right...Who knows of this information currently?"

Raphael pursed his lips. "Currently, the news have been suppressed, however if Ciar is not found before the contest.... I'm afraid this will cause disruption."

"When was he last seen?"

"Around the time of the prince's banquet..."

This time, Vlad frowned. Was this a coincidence or...?

"What are you suggesting?" The king commanded.

"Well... the prince is the incarnation of the legendary serpent king. As you know... your highness, there is another being that is infatuated with him. Wherever the prince goes, he follows. If the legendary serpent king is reincarnated.... then perhaps Sa—."

"Silence!" The king shouted. With his eyes red like blood, and his cold expression, the king looked extremely furious.

"You know better than to speak of him!" The king warned Raphael. His anger becoming more and more untamed.

From the terrible situation, Raphael and Lucretia was forced to bow down due to the pressure.

"Your highness! This servant deserves a thousand death!" Raphael spoke up with sweat on his forehead.

"Xanthus..." Vlad began. Although it was soft, the king heard him immediately. As this was the first time the prince called him by his name, Xanthus was surprised.

The king's eyes began to turn back to deep sapphire. His anger no longer seen, only his doting eyes towards the boy on his lap.

Raphael and Lucretia was awed by this scene. They knew how favoured the prince was.... but they never knew it was to this extent!

Raphael slowly got up with trembling knees, and his sister quickly helped him.

"About this matter, there must be other reason why you came here, lord Raphael?" Vlad asked the man.

Raphael bowed and began to speak cautiously, "Regarding the matter with Ciar, a note was found addressed to the prince...."

————
Ciar

————Ciar