13. Rain and Storm

The banquet did not continue after the incident happened. The guest were forced to leave, and Vlad's name spread like fire once again.

Although Vlad was not able to see the protagonist and the other beings, they were able to see him and had some opinions in mind about him. All of this happened while Vlad was still clueless.

"What happened today...you know something about it?" Vlad asked the king.

"Yes, I have some people in mind." The king found that Vlad was looking at him with some expectation. "You'll see later."

Vlad frowned hearing it, he couldn't help but say, "This again? This is no good, I may die tomorrow— or even today." I died once already...

"You have a strange humour."

Vlad smiled, he knew that he had irked the king. "Thank you very much. I must say so myself, my humour is one of a kind."

"You—."

"I?" Vlad questioned, interrupting the king.

Veins bulged from the king's forehead. "If you had let me finished, you would've known what I was about to say!" He roared.

"If you were anyone else, your head would be dead by now." Continued the king.

"But I'm not anyone else, and my head are still in place."

"This is strange, you're acting quite....differently today." The king frowned, this kitten seemed to have found more courage.

Vlad smiled, he looked at the window. Melancholy was seen in his eyes. Outside of the windows black clouds covered the sky, trees were swaying as the strong wind blew against them. Water trickles down to the ground, and thunders could be heard. The special scent of rain were in the air, making the atmosphere gloomy.

Vlad's small voice carried a hint of satisfaction as he talked through his small mouth, "I'm feeling very 'excited' because I love the rain, thunder, and....storms."

The king frowned, he felt that something was wrong. "Why?"

"Because it reminds me of a very wonderful memory..." Vlad answered.

"In the year that you were here, you have not seen any storms. I also do not remember any special memory with the rain." The king looked at Vlad complicatedly.

"No, but in my past life, my life could be described as tragic. The first good thing that happened was during a stormy night, with the thunder and rain. I could still remember to this day, that cold wind blew against my face, the roar of the thunder, the rain... from my eyes, I witnessed it with my own eyes, the death of my parents!" Vlad smiled bitterly. "After that, I felt much...much more free. I was glad they died, I was so glad they died..." Tears fell from Vlad's eyes to his cheeks as he remembered that same day.

He felt so happy, and sad. Happy that he was not in their grasp anymore, but sad that the people who was supposed to love him never gave him a single glance even to their death.

Vlad looked at the king with tears in his eyes and a smile from his mouth, "Ever since then, the sound of the rain and thunder have always made me feel relaxed and safe."

The king didn't know what to say, he stood there motionlessly as he looked at the small boy. This simple description may not be much, but he felt the strong emotions from it.