18. The Chosen One

"It all started a long time ago. At that time, I was nothing more than a successor for the last tower master. You see... at the time, the king was not the current king. The king at the time was your grandfather, and he.... wasn't the best ruler. He was actually quite sick in the head, if I do say so myself. Let's just say.... he was unique." Eanred started.

Vlad listened carefully, trying to not miss any details. This is his only chance to know about the past, as well as the flower.

"I was told by my master to find the flower of Malvolia for the king. The petals held some sort of healing properties, one of the best. So I held out a journey to find the flower— which was impossible." Eanred took a breath.

With a frown on his face, Vlad asked, "Impossible?"

Eanred smiled before continuing again, "Some people believe that the flower is nothing more than a myth, but others believe that it is real. After all, there had been Malvolia in the black market before. Even if it was a long time ago."

"Why do people believe it was a myth?"

"Because ordinary beings cannot find them. Only 'The Chosen One' are able to find the flower, for they are the flower themselves."

Vlad widened his eyes. What the heck happened now? After the transmigration, Vlad has been trying to control himself but this news just made him go from calm to wtf.

Eanred laughed seeing Vlad's face. "There are seven kingdoms, seven rulers, and seven races. There are also seven 'Chosen One'. Those chosen one are beings that had been chosen by the last 'Chosen One' to inherit their power. The power to become the master of the flower. Long time ago, there were one 'Chosen One' in every kingdom. Each flower was different and they held an unimaginable power. The Malvolia was one of them, and the current master at the time was Lynx."

"Something happened to the seven?"

Eanred sighed. "Yes. It came to a point where beings used the power of the flowers for something deadly... and the seven 'Chosen One' disappeared to stop all of the chaos. They weren't treated as respectfully after years gone past and they've probably just had enough of it all. Now, it's basically impossible to find them. They didn't want to be used, didn't want to be found, didn't want to be treated as trash."

"You said they are the flower themselves?"

"Yes and no. We're currently not certain of  that. We just assumed that they are, because they have the beauty like the flowers. The books were lost in time, there were no information on the flowers or the 'Chosen One'."