22. Obained Memory

When Vlad arrived at the throne room, Neoma bowed and stayed outside of the door.

The golden door opened and revealed the king sitting by the throne, his expression bored. Vlad saw the king held out his fingers that beckoned him to come.

Vlad rolled his eyes and asked, "What about the four clan leaders?"

The king frowned. "The first thing you come here is to ask about that?"

Vlad's face revealed confusion. When he got close enough to the king, he stopped and thought carefully. His head tilting sideways.

Seeing this, the king laughed helplessly. He stood up and picked up Vlad to sit with him. With their distance so close, Vlad looked at the kings eyes. It was different yet again.

"Your eyes... they seemed to always change colours?" Vlad asked as he held out his palm to the king's cheeks.

The king narrowed his eyes and the colour becoming red. "En."

Vlad made a sound of acknowledgement but did not ask further. He felt that the king currently did not want to speak of it, so he will respect that decision.

Looking at Vlad whom acted thoughtfully, the king remembered the pieces of memory that he obtained a few days ago.

•••

Under the bright and radiant sun was a lake. Rays of light could be seen delicately across the water as it shine, highlighting the blue.

At the edge of the lake was a man. His long silver hair was dancing with the wind, his eyes shone like red gems. With the blue lake as the background, the man looked like an immortal beauty that can topple cities.

Xanthus stood there, entranced by the sight. He did not want to get close afraid it might disrupt the serene atmosphere. However, it was not of use because the man had felt his presence.

The man looked at his direction and smiled mildly, as if saying 'hello'.

Imprinting that gentle smile into his memory, Xanthus could hear his heart beating wildly. He could feel a strong obsession steadily growing, he could feel that every part of his body had wanted to embrace the man.

Xanthus didn't know what to do. Just as he wanted to approach the man, another had came. A man with black hair and golden eyes.

Xanthus narrowed his eyes, it was Salem. He knew at a glance what the dark haired man wanted to do. He couldn't let Salem take away the man, so he too went towards the lake.

•••