24. Contest of Avery

Vlad was truly interested in Lucretia's opinion. Normally, Vlad wouldn't be interested in such things, but now, he was. It reminded him of himself.

For the past year, Vlad have not forgotten about his death— his betrayal. As days gone past, it was as of his body was erasing the memory, erasing the emotions.

It was little, but Vlad felt it. Vlad had suspicions that Xanthus had something to do with it, but what clue did he have?

Slowly, Vlad could feel his past becoming cloudy. Like a fog, unable to see clearly. He didn't remember his past opinions, what thoughts did he have?

What was it that he want? Was it dreams that he wanted to achieve? What kind of dream, fantasy?

Vlad suddenly had a realization, he had never thought about the future. Currently, he was in another world, becoming the prince of demons, having the blood of the legendary serpent king. But what now? What does he want?

Happiness? Peace? Revenge?

Vlad felt as if he was loosing sight of himself, of who he was. When Vlad looked up once again, he saw the man looking at him.

The leader of the fox clan held his gaze towards Vlad, his face held no expression. Vlad looked at him in the eyes. The man only gazed at Vlad for a few more seconds before removing his gaze.

Vlad could feel Xanthus' chest moving as he chuckled.

"Well now, what might this lord be doing here? Just few moments before, I have been told that you were quite busy?"

The man followed with the laughter. "Yes, well... I could not come with the other leaders due to a difficulty. It is the reason why I am here, your highness."

"Oh?" The king raised his brows.

"It is so." Raphael smiles gently and once again looked at Vlad quickly.

Xanthus noticed this and as a result, his smile became even more wide as his eyes were turning dark.

Raphael noticed this and quickly spoke again, "It is the matter regarding the contest of Avery."

Vlad frowned. He remembered of this contest. It is a contest that is held only once each year. It does it matter who you are, what race, or class. You only need to be strong to succeed. The winner would be titled 'King of Avery', also known as the king of magic, the most powerful of all. By winning, you can gain riches, fame, power, and especially, the palace of Asteria.