9. You Smell Nice

As Vlad was being carried by the King, he didn't feel very comfortable in his heart. He didn't get it, the King treated him quite...differently than what he expected. At first, when he was taken by the King, he thought for sure that he would be tortured. Somehow...it didn't seem as bad.

"Why were you thinking of Lilia?" The King's cold voice travelled through Vlad's ear.

His voice shook Vlad and broke his fantasy. Did he just...jinxed it?!

"Read it in a book." Vlad vaguely answered.

"She's nothing good, if you want to know something, ask me. I know." The King said with an expressionless face.

Vlad obediently nodded. The King narrowed his eyes looking at the small boy. He felt that the boy was truly too cute, never had he felt this way.

The King then proceeded to lower his head towards the curve of the boy's neck and breathed in the scent. Feeling the warm breath in his neck, Vlad's body became rigid, he didn't know what to do.

"You smell nice." Said the King with much satisfaction.

Vlad, who still did not dare to move spoke with difficulty. "Y-you...w-what are you doing?"

"Smelling you." The King gave Vlad an evil grin.

"You...why do I feel as if you're..." [interested in me?]

"I am interested in you."

"I didn't say anything...." Vlad avoided the King's watchful gaze.

"You didn't say it, but you did in your mind."

"I feel quite violated. Also, please stop joking around with me." Vlad lifted just eyes to meet with the King's.

"I'm not joking." The King smiled.

"Heh..." as if

—————

After a few minutes of walking, the two entered the banquet. Vlad widened his eyes in surprise. The surroundings were lit up of colours. Many beings chatted and talked together. Vlad has never seen these beautiful beings.

When the entered through the door, eyes locked on to them. Vlad felt their hot gaze on him. Subconsciously, the hand that was held by the King tightened. Feeling this, the King frowned and exclude his aura into the surroundings.

The room suddenly became quiet. Vlad could see that most of the beings in the room suddenly had their head down. He didn't know it was out of respect, or if it was because of fear. Vlad knew one thing for sure, the demon King held quite a bit of power in the eyes of the beings.