6. Spiritual Power

After questioning himself for quite awhile, Vlad gave up. When he woke up, he was all alone in what he thought would be a large room.

Seeing that he couldn't see the King, Vlad could do nothing but wait as he was currently only a baby who couldn't do anything. He looked at the ceiling above his head, it was quite  extravagant.

[Well, it is a palace after all...] The baby thought.

This reminded him of his previous world. He was caged in the big, lonely building. Everyday, he had to pretend to not know of what others thought of him. Others had called him crazy, mentally ill, an idiot, and so on. He didn't care, he just... didn't care about anything. At least, he didn't care about anything other than that man.

However, even the man in which he cared for dearly abandoned him. In the end, is there truly someone who can cherish him?

[I gave him my everything. I gave him a new start, a new life, and even my heart. But even then, is it not enough?] Vlad couldn't understand. Perhaps they were right, he was an idiot.

"What are you talking about?" The King looked down at the baby before picking him up.

Vlad was shocked, he didn't seem to hear anyone walking towards him.

[What are you talking about?] Vlad looked at the handsome man.

The man laughed, although it didn't seem like he was truly laughing. He then proceeded to say, "I asked you first..."

[I don't know what you're talking about.]

"Do you know that everything that you've been saying in your head was heard by me?"

[Why and how?] The baby's face was scrunched up.

"The whole time, you've been using your spiritual power to connect with me. This is a power only few can do, going into someone's head." The King looked thoughtfully towards the baby.

"And even going into my head. That's certainly something."

[Is that a good thing then?]

"Of course. After all, using  such a high level magic without using incantation is truly something. Though I'm sure many will greatly fear you... and some would even go to lengths just to kill you before your wings can grow." The King said with his usual flat tone.

[Will you also kill me?] Vlad looked at the King and asked very boldly.

The King laughed as if he heard the funniest joke. Hearing the laugh, Vlad got goosebumps.

"Why would I kill you?" The man smirked.

[Are you not afraid that I will kill you?]

"Heh...I'm strongly confident in my judgement of people, and in my abilities." The King looked at Vlad with mirth surging in his eyes.

"Haven't I also told you? I will protect you till your wings grow."

[What can you benefit from this?] Vlad suspiciously looked at the man.

"That's none of your concerns. You've forgotten your place, my dear prince." The King looked at Vlad with his bottomless eyes.