chapter two

Today being Saturday is the day me and my friends will go Hawking in the market.one thing I hate in this world is Hawking,ummi doesn't like it either but we have no other option,it's the only source of money we have.
Dressed up in my old faded atampa with my hijab,I had the tray of groundnuts placed on top of my head ready to go.
"Ummi sai na dawo" I didn't wait for her reply as I sauntered out,
I met hauwa and some of our friends waiting for me under a big baobab tree our (meeting point).
"Shall we?" Hauwee asked "yh sure" we chorused.

I've sold half of what is in my tray and am already tired with people troping in and out of the market,sellers advertising their stuffs,buyers bargaining on the price etc.my head aches badly.

"How much is this?" A man asked pointing at the 50 naira own,
"50 naira" I replied "ki sa na 200 a leda" I packed the ground nut in a black polythene leather and handed the man,"here is ur money" the man said,
I politely collected it muttering a small thank you at the end.
▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️
I decided to follow the shortcut back home,it's just an abandoned open space where all the area boys smoke and do their stuffs.
Despite knowing that following the place is dangerous I still made up my mind.praying silently, I kept taking small steps looking at my back from time to time.

I saw two men smoking and five others gambling.
"Keh Yan mata" one of them of shouted
"Wayyo na shiga uku" I said in my mind before I started running, I knew the guy was still following me because I was hearing footsteps,
Am dead if this man catches me,
Why did you follow this place
I started talking to myself still running.i was halfway through the place when I turned to look at the guy,to my greatest surprise I saw him, yes Mr Salim my teacher, you know in movies or books when the princess is in danger and her prince will come to her rescue but in my case am not his princess neither is he my prince am just me and He's just him.i kept thanking God for bringing my knight.
Mr Salim was telling the guy to back off and leave me alone.
I stopped and kept watching them because am Soo stupid that was when I realized my tray was long gone. I sighed thanking Allah that I sold all of the groundnuts and the money is still with me.
The guy left,
Me and Mr Salim kept walking side by side without saying a word,when we reached my home I told him thank you."next time don't follow that place".he said and walked off "see this man after I said thank you he won't even say something like u are welcome or something sweet such a rude man",I told myself.

I need to see where he will go to to feed my curious mind i saw him entering one big house like this and I guess it's his house,it's the only big house in that area, "wow so he's from a rich family,I wonder why he's teaching in my school".

Today I didn't forget to say my salaam,one because I know ummi will rant my ears off, she'll start her lectures on salaam which am not prepared for,two,am too tired to listen.
She answered it and I moved to my room to change into something more comfortable.

"Ummi am hungry" I mumbled
"Keh don't u know anything other than food,besides where's my tray and the money". ummi started,see what am talking about,thank God I did salaamed if not I would have been dead by now.
I narrated all that happened on my way back before u could say Abraham Lincoln ummi engulfed me in a hug,I hugged her back and we stayed like that for some time before she broke the hug and stared into my eyes.trust me ummi can be the most loving and caring mother even with her strictness that's why I love her.i smiled at her,she cupped my face in her palms asking if there's anywhere that hurts.i shook my head signifying no.
"Go and eat ur food"
"Ok ummi".
After eating I went to her room so we can gist a little.
"Hibba I forgot to tell u, hauwa's dad is sick u need to go and greet him".I sighed thinking why hauwa didn't tell me about it,maybe it slipped off her mind.
Hauwa's dad mallam Idris whom I call baba is a civil servant,baba is a father figure in my life since after the death of Abba my dad,he makes sure I don't lack anything,baba is also Abba's closest friend I grew up seeing them together.
I miss my Abba alot.
"Ok ummi I'll go tomorrow after islamiyya"
"Go and pray the adhan has been called"ummi reminded me.
I sluggishly carried my leg to perform ablution.
I did my ablution and went straight to my room to pray.
I laid the praying mat before proceeding to pray.
I finished the last raka'at and stayed on the praying mat to read the holy Quran untill the adhan for Isha was called I prayed the Isha prayer and said my du'a I prayed for all the Muslim ummah,my mom,and everyone,I prayed to Allah to make my dream of becoming a model come true and lastly I prayed for my Abba. I folded the praying mat neatly before taking it to where it belongs.
Am already feeling sleepy so I went to bid ummi goodnight before dozing off.
Lights off.

Hey guys,we are making progress ain't we.pls show some love.
Just
Vote
Comment and share.
With lots of love.
❤️ Hafsatuuwaxeery❤️.