CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.

Ignore all typos......

Four years back,

Writer's POV.

HIBBATULLAH.

Hibbatullah gazed through the window of the car, feeling the happiness surging through every nook and cranny in her body, her happiness knew no bounds.  Her teeth shining as though she's advertising for close up.

She passed the scholarship exams, and now they are on their way back to gombe. Three days after they wrote the exams, ya habeeb came back from the office with good and bad news.
The good news was hibbah was called to the office to collect her scholarship letter and to get other procedures done which shows she was given the scholarship, on the other hand hauwa didn't get the scholarship.

Hauwa is good in mathematics but English is something she finds hard and so she failed English, whereas hibbah managed to ace both subjects and even the general studies.

Hauwa did not allow her failure to disturb her, for she believes whatever Allah plans can not be deviated, all she does is hope that the failure is a blessing In disguise. She was happy at least her
Best friend made it.

They stayed indoors all the time they spent there except ya habeeb who would go out for work as early as seven AM and come back after Isha, At first they got scared but having spent more than two days  they were free from the fear of some people coming into their house to kidnap them as hauwa said she heard from her boyfriend back in gombe, he had told her, in big cities like abuja people were kidnapped and used for rituals or the kidnappers demand for a huge ransom.

They would lock the door immediately ya habeeb steps out and would only open it after he is back. There was food in the house and since both of them can cook, they had no problem with food, alhamdulillah.

They only step out for strolling around the area. And that too because the stubborn hauwa insisted they go out.

"I can't come to the city and stay indoors, no! I have to go out and feed my eyes with the yummy buildings I've seen when we were coming to this house and when we were going for that exams, and that thing that has road on top like this, I swear when we were on it I felt as if we were flying, keh nifa I must go out if you like stay here,Kinga tafiyata(watch as I leave). Hauwa had rambled when hibbah tried reasoning with her, the thing that amazes her more is the flyover.

There were not much people in the area because everyone stayed indoors as well. They only strolled for few minutes before they went back home, hauwa will gape and shriek whenever she sees something amazing while hibbah will just shake her head and try convincing her to go back home.

And now they are on their way back to gombe with hearts filled with joy and pride.

"Do you miss ummi?" Hauwa questioned tapping on hibbah's shoulder.

"Of course I do, I can't believe I spent a whole week without seeing her". Hauwa smiled,

"I miss hajiya mama as well, here I was thinking I wouldn't miss her a little bit, because at the time we were travelling I thought I'll be free from her endless rantings about what a female should do and not do then her errands". Hauwa chuckled together with hibbah.

"She's your mom after all". Hibbah smiled thinking about her own ummi. She's so excited, she didnt allow ya Habeeb to break the news to anyone through the phone, she said She'll do it herself. She will want to see her ummi's eyes shine with pride, hajiya mama's face all smiles and hauwa's dad's endless congratulations and local sweets as gifts from hajiya mama, those were her favorites.