CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.

Ignore all typos........

Enjoy.

Everyone in the house woke up very early today, its just two days to the naming ceremony but the house is already having guests over mostly from sokoto. At least hammad's family won't arrive untill a day to the ceremony. Ummi and aunty laraba are the only kids to their parents, both my grandparents are dead in a gunmen attack, ummi ran away with her sister from the village together with my dad who was then ummi's bf, after they settled in gombe they got married. They never heard about any of their families since then.
"Hibbah, call rukayya baba manu and ask when we can collect the snacks". Amina said. leaving  to do something in a haste, the woman's busy like craze.
"On it". I rushed to the room to call her as instructed. after the call I went and informed her that she can send someone to pick the snacks right away.

I dragged my luggage with me because I was leaving for nabeelah's house right now, I hate crowded places, there are guests already and tomorrow there will be more than 100s of them here. So I'll go to nabeelah's and I'll be coming from there.
I got into the car after my box was in the trunk.

"Hajiya where are we headed to?". The driver  questioned. " you are going to take me to nabeelah's house, then you go to rukky's pastries and collect snacks from there". He nodded and started the car.
I relaxed on the seat, my eyes directed at the window looking at  everything around me as we pass by. I will smile at places I have memories in even though a lot has changed, and then laugh at some of the things I remember.oh how I miss my old life. Yes! I love my new life and alhamdulillah but then I miss some things .  from the corner of my eyes I can see the driver giving me weird looks whenever I'll laugh i just shrugged and continued relishing the sweet feeling.
When we took the corner to my area I watched eagerly, waiting to see my old school. I gasped when I was the now renovated building,  it looks much bigger. "Hajiya lafiya". The driver asked wondering what has gotten into me. I shook my head no. I frowned when we took the another route to nabeelah's house instead of the one that you'll pass by my house before theirs. I hissed and he heard him. He looked at me with an amused look, I frowned at him and rolled my eyes. When I saw an old shop that reminded me of something, I burst into fits of laughter.
The driver looked at me weirdly again, poor guy he's thinking he carried a mad person in his car, I dont blame him, I'd think the same if such happens, but then its good for a person to mind his business.
Finally we reached the house, he honked and the gate was opened. He wind down the window glass, the gateman squinted his eyes as if trying to recall my face. His face lit up " Hibbatullah ". He beamed showing his kolanut stained teeth. " "naam baba habu". I smiled back. "kwana dayawa, ya mutanen gidan". He asked. "Lfy qalau". I searched through my Bag before giving him a 1000 naira note. He thanked me and showered blessings on me before we proceeded into the house.
The moment I stepped of the car, I sighted Nurain(nabeelah's step brother and twin) coming towards us with a huge smile on his face. "Baby nah". He beamed happily. "naam habiby". I answered with equal excitement.
  We formed the habit of calling each other sweet names just to annoy nabeelah, we both are already used to calling each other such therefore, the name is still used.
We chatted away as we went into the house, nabeelah was sitting like a princess on the sofa. " "habibaty come in". He said aloud grabbing nabeelah's attention."ahhhhhhhh, hibbah". She squealed and squeezed me in hug, the force she used in the hug led us to the ground. Nurain shifted quickly giving us space to fall on the ground. "Subhanallah! What's going on here". Mami exclaimed. I got off the floor with the help of nabeelah, I eyed her before turning my attention to mami. " ah ah, hibbah when did u arrive". She engulfed me in a hug. "Just now mami". She held my hand and sat me down on the chair beside her. " nabeelah is this how to welcome your guest, go and bring refreshments". Mami scolded she apologized and rushed to the kitchen. "Baby, we'll catch up later I have somewhere to be right now". He winked and stood up to leave. Mami stood up and held his ear. " shameless boy, you won't stop this your drama koh". She knocked his head while he yelped and rubbed his ear when she released him. I chuckled like an innocent person. He finally got put of her hands and ran away.
"Mami i cant find my headphones,ya nabeelah...-". Cutie came down the stairs fuming but swallowed the rest of her words when she saw me. " ya hibbah". She screamed and ran to where I was seating. "Easy! Fauza dont break her bones". Mami chastised.
"Wayyo Allah, I've missed you soo Much". She smiled cheekily. "I've missed all of you too". She detached herself from my body and sat in the seat opposite me.
"I've been Waiting for you since when ya nabeelah told us you are coming to gombe, but she didnt inform us about your arrival today". She pouted. "I would have made you my infamous cooking that everyone loves". She boosted.  Mami and I laughed while nabeelah gave her the 'you are lying' look.
"What?, why are you looking at me like that?". Cutie frowned looking at her sister. "Nothing I didnt say anything". She raised her hands in surrender.
"As I was saying earlier before the presence of ya hibbah cut me off-". She paused to make sure her sisters attention is on her, nabeelah took her eyes from her phone screen to look at her sister, she rose a single brow. " did you take my headphones?". She asked giving her accusing eyes." I took no headphones, and stop giving me that look am not your mate ". Nabeelah replied and went back to her phone. Me and mami looked from cutie to nabeelah waiting for the real argument to start.
"You are the only one in our side who comes to my room frequently, you better give me my headphones or u loose yours".cutie eyed nabeelah annoyingly. " if you don't stop talking to me like that, I'll slap that look off your face".cutie hissed. Nabeelah was about to stand up when mami decided to intervene, I was just sitting shooting video while they bicker.
"If you don't shut your mouths, nabeelah you won't attend amina's naming ceremony and you fauza you won't attend your best friends birthday party, behave!". Mami stood up and left the parlour. Cutie huffed and left the parlour also leaving me alone with nabeelah.
"Just forget" I sat close to nabeelah who was looking at the stairs cutie went on as if She'll murder someone.
"So tell me, when am I going to meet ya Anas". She blushed at the mention of his name. Yes, nabeelah is getting married to her brother's best buddy Anas. He liked her since ever but didnt mention untill after she was done with college.
And now they are getting married in 3weeks time. " he'll come later". I nodded and she dragged me upstairs to her room. I plopped down on the bed, feeling so tired from all the errands in amina's house.
"Please let's go to mama's side". Nabeelah nodded before closing her hair with a veil.
We walked to mama's side of the house.
" assalamu alaikum". We chorused. A voice answered.  We went in and sat down, khadijah is in the parlour engrossed in watching henry danger, she didnt bother looking up at the guests who just came in, though we are not really guests. "Khadijah its like I heard a salaam, who is it". Mama stated coming down from the stairs.
Khadijah didnt bother answering her mom nor looking up from the TV. "Hibbah, welcome, when did you arrive". I stood up and went to her, she gave me a side hug and sat me down beside her. When khadijah heard my name she looked up to see for her eyes. "ya hibbah!" She exclaimed hugging me. "Hmm khadijah, I came but you didnt bother looking up to see me". The 13 year old looked down itching her head. " sorry ya hibbah, I just love Nickelodeon ". She greeted me and went back to her henry danger.
"Khadijah I'll stop you from watching TV, go and get her something". She stood up and left reluctantly frowning her face clearly showing her annoyance. Mama jut shook her head.
"Where is Khalil?". I asked. "he went out with some friends earlier". I nodded and she started asking me about ummi, work and everything.
Nabeelah just sat looking bored. After a few minutes we stood up and went back to her mom's side.