CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.

ignore all typos....

Enjoy.

Hibbatullah.

We settled in the plane and waited for it to take off.  Ummi held my hand tightly when the plane started moving fast before it went up swiftly.
She released my hand only when we were properly in the air.  I heard as she muttered some prayers.

"I now know where I inherited my attitude of getting scared when planes are taking off". I told Ummi,  she smacked my head playfully and I laughed.
"yaran zamani". She said and shook her head.

We are on our way to gombe and am super excited.
I will finally get to see my homeland after such long time, the place i grew up in,  where I schooled right from nusery to secondary school. The state that holds alot of memories of my family and friends.
Who gets nervous visiting a place hes' not gone in  a long time.  Well I do.

Ummi touched my shoulder jerking me from my pool of thoughts, her eyes directed towards the airhostess beside me with a polite smile and a tray which held water and drinks, I picked up the water.
I gulped down the water in the cup and sighed.
I looked at my phone, few minutes and we'll land. The thought of me in gombe made me happy. A wide smile was spread on my face, Ummi seemed to notice because her face lit up and she had the exact same smile on her own face, which made me smile harder.

The moment we got down from the plane, the blowing air brushed my face, I sucked in some air.
"Ummi am soo happy we are in gombe". I said to her excitedly.
We picked our luggages and proceeded to wait for our designated driver.
  I was scanning the place looking for a familiar face, when I looked closely I saw a man looking everywhere with a cardboard that says 'Hibbatullah Aliyu'. Alhamdulillah it's him.
"Ummi I think that's the driver, let's go". She nodded at me and we walked to where he was standing.
When he saw me he smiled in recognition.
  "welcome ma". He said to us taking our luggage with him.
He led us to the car, we sat down and waited for him to load the bags in the trunk. When he was done he sat in his seat and ignited the car.

Through my window, i could see different things, the drive from airport to amina's house is   20minutes. Alot has changed, more buildings are built. I keep looking with keen interested, throwing some questions at ummi from time to time. After we passed the huge gate which am sure was recently built, it has 'welcome to gombe' inscribed on it's top in large writings. I got more excited.

When we got to her house, Amina and her mom were waiting by the door.
Amina ran to hug me immediately she saw me, I was grinning from ear to ear. I hugged her back with equal excitement. "Mommah". I whispered into her ears and she winked at me which made me laugh. Soo much for being excited.
  We watched as ummi and her sister hugged each other, you could see from their eyes how happy they are, their eyes glistened with joy and happiness. I smiled even more.
They ushered us in, we sat down in the parlour, we exchanged greetings and refreshments were brought.
"where's my baby, I can't wait to see her". I said growing impatient, am eager to see the baby.
"hindatu ki kawo baby". Amina shouted.
A lady came out with the baby in her hands. I jolted up as if a needle pricked me.
I rushed to where she was standing and  collected the baby gently.
I looked down at the bundle of joy dreamily, I smiled down at her. She has her eyes closed, sucking her thumb. She looks so innocent
" keh haba! Don't eat her with your eyes ". Ummi said. I paid no heed to her words as I brought out my phone to take pictures.
  " dont start with this your snapping, give her to me first ". Ummi said. I paused with my picture snapping and gave her the baby. She scooped her Into her arms gently just like I did and sat down. "The baby is beautiful ma sha Allah tabarakallah".

I sighed and sat back down, I'll spend some time with my baby since am now here.
I looked at Amina and she gave me the look that says 'we have alot to talk about'. She looks so happy, she ought to be since she finally has a baby after years of marriage.
"Let's go in so you can pray". Amina suggested, but I know that she's just looking for a way to get me out of here so we can talk, I can see from her eyes thousands of questions flooding.
I stood up and left with her to her room. When we reached the room I crashed in the bed with a sigh.
She smiled at me wickedly, "what? Why are looking at me like that". This girl is trouble.
"am just wondering". She tapped her finger on her chin. " Amina what is it ne wai". I asked getting impatient. She threw her head back and laughed.
I looked at her and hissed. "You are a mother but you still dont have sense allah dai ya shirya". She smacked my thighs."Am still older than you with a year". She said while I yelped rubbing the place she smacked.
" I just saw how you are looking fresh, what did you do to your hips just look at you". I stood up and went to the mirror to look at the hips she's talking about. "I see nothing apart from my normal hips". I sat back down.
" liar! This modelling career suits you". I smiled at that. "What of you, look at how you are becoming curvy, marriage suits you also". She laughed out loud at that. " what do you expect, my hubby is taking care of me". She blushed.
"Iyye". I wiggled my brows. She closed her face with her palms.
"Shut up and get married". She told me.
I rolled my eyes, "I'll get married when Allah wills stop disturbing me about marriage".