CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Ignore all typos...

Hibbatullah.
9:00pm.

"Assalamualaikum mom, you called for me" I greeted sitting on the carpeted floor. I took in my surrounding before she was done with her tasbih.
The room is lemon green and milk in color. It's simple yet elegant.
"Wa alaikis Salam binty" she smiled as she Rose from the praying mat. I love her smiles it makes me feel at home always.
She went into her closet and came out with with a paper bag.. I patiently looked around waiting for her next action .
"Ta'al habibty" she patted the space beside her on the bed urging me to come over.

I sat down beside her gently, she took my hand in hands are smiled at me. Her dimples going deeper into her cheeks. Tears brimmed at the corner of her eyes. I widened my eyes, is it normal for someone to cry and smile at the same time.

"What's wrong mom, did I do something wrong, don't u want me in your house, I can leave immediately" I panicked searching her eyes for answer.
"My dear there's nothing wrong,u just remind me of my sitter she died when she was your age together with her husband and kids.and dont talk like that I will love to have you here forever". I heaved a sigh of relief.thought I did something wrong."innalillah May jannatul firdaus be their final abode" I prayed feeling really bad. In some way they were all lucky to die altogether. It's rare and unique. Anyways that's not what brought me here.
"Ameen thumma ameen".
She passed across the paper bag sitting beside her, I looked at her then at the bag." Take it" I collected it reluctantly.
"Open it azizaty" I opened it and a medium sized purple box stared back at me. I opened the box and was met with a beautiful necklace and studs. The chain is silver with two little heart pendants. It's cute.
"It's beautiful mom jazakillahu khayr"this woman will not be the end of me.
"Ameen, wear it to your party tomorrow night" she beamed cheekily.
" In Sha Allah mom thank you very much".

" Erhm erhm what am I missing" binish knocked on the door before coming on.
" Ta'al binish I was just about to send someone to call you". She sat beside her mom on the bed.
Mom brought out another paper bag and passed it to binish.
"Here have this, I bought it for you and hibbatullah" binish awwed and ooed looking at the identical Jewellery in her front. She hugged her mom tight and kept muttering thank yous she kissed her and then finally released her.
I miss ummi's hugs and kisses.
We started talking about everything and nothing before zayden joined us.
"Am I welcomed or should I go back since it seems like a girls and woman's night"he emphasized on the girls looking at me and binish. "Am a woman for Pete's sake" binish whined.
"Nah nah you are my baby sis".
" Mom ask him to stop calling me a baby am a grown-up,am 18 for crying out loud" she whined hitting him hard on the chest.
"Ouch baby sis your little hands can hit hard" he held her hands drawing her to him. She wiggled, trying to get out of his hold but all efforts proved futile,she gave up and leaned on him.
We all laughed except her.
"Choochoo release your baby sis and stop bickering around" mom scolded. Who's choochoo? I thought in my head.
"Akhi is choochoo hiblah" binish answered my thoughts. thought out loud I guess.
"Mom I thought we are over this choochoo name" he cringed air quoting the 'choochoo' and releasing binish.
" You are also my baby boy which allows me to call you whatever I want" mom smiled pulling his cheek sweetly
" Hah! Choochoo" binish said and laughed.
" If I get you you'll not like yourself" he threatened as he aimed a pillow at her. Luckily she dodged it as she continued laughing sticking out her tongue at him.
She sprinted off as he ran after her.
Mom shook her head smiling at their retreating backs.
It makes me want to have a brother, their relationship is just wonderful.
"Don't mind them my dear they are always like that" I smiled and nodded in reply.
After few minutes, binish came back hiding behind her dad's back whereas zayden is looking for how to hit her.
"Enough please go and sleep" dad said.