CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE.

Chapter dedicated to muslimah_khadijah.

Ignore all typos.

Enjoy.

4 years ago.

Writer's POV .

"Ummi, please say yes to this exam please ummi  save my life". The parlour was dead silent,the only sound that is heard is hibbah's heartbreaking sobs.
Hajiya mamah and her eldest son ya Habib looked at hibbah with pitiful eyes.she has been begging her ummi to let her write the scholarship since when their jamb and waec results came out which she did exceed excellently but ummi is refusing to budge. She has been crying herself for a whole week. Her ummi would always go to her room while she's asleep, she feels as though she's making her daughter suffer a lot,but being the typical African  woman she is, she refused to budge staying firmly on her ground. Hajiya mamah has helped her begged but she turned deaf ears to their pleas. The company he started working in had a scholarship exams going. So ya Habib thought hibbah and hauwa should participate in the exams since it will help alot. The final and last exam will be in two days but ummi isnt saying anything.

"I won't allow my only daughter to spoil abroad, ba a gidan nan ba!". She boomed before dashing into the room. Hajiya mamah followed after her.
While ya Habib shook his head giving hibbah one last glance before leaving the parlour to god knows where.
Hibbah curled up in a ball at one end of their mini parlour, she let out a wail, ummi won't allow her to write a scholarship exam won't it help them financially, will she have to continue to be able to go to uni or her ummi will hopefully change her mind, she knows She'll uphold her ethics and religion even when she passes the exams.

She managed to drag her heavy body to her room, she crashed on the bed with a loud thud, the old bed made an uncomfortable sound as though it would break but that was the least of her concern right now, all she wants is to write this exams and study anything then maybe She'll also fulfill her dream of becoming a model.
Her growling stomach is not helping matters but she said she won't eat anything unless her ummi agrees to what she wants.

Few minutes has passed,but all she did is toss and turn, she's tired of crying , all she's thinking about is how to nurse her crying stomach, she sat upright on the bed.  "How will I even survive to write the exams if I dont eat food". She mused to herself, feeling defeated she stood up and left for their kitchen in search if something to eat.

**********
She alighted her car and made her way to her lecture Hall. On her way there she met her closest friend layla aka cherry together with her two minions following behind one holding her handbag while the other is holding her books.

"Hey Gurl". Layla greeted taking her in a hug.
After their hugging and everything. They went to their lecture Hall and sat at their preserved chair, no one seats there because it is just for nabeelah waziri and her friend layla abubakar santuraki. Layla had a gum stuffed in her mouth as she chewed noisily her mind everywhere but the lecturer explaining things. While nabeelah was blushing at her boyfriend asad who is popularly known as boka in the school and the most notorious boy in the school, everyone knows of his bad ways including nabeelah but she still agreed to date him the week before, because according to her dating him will only make people respect her even more.
  "Hey you,what are you looking at?". The lecturer asked, nabeelah looked at him and snickered. The lecturer is the most strict lecturer one would ever met, he hates students who are unserious about their studies which is why he doesn't like nabeelah and layla.

She eyed him up and down before she snickered. "Am I not talking to you". He boomed again, she groaned trying to keep her anger in check, how dare he shout at her. She hissed loud enough for him to hear and he did which made him even more furious than he already is. Now the whole students in the hall have their attention of the duo's drama watching from the queen to the lecturer, everyone feared this lecturer but not layla or nabeelah, they both cared less about failing his exams or carrying over his subject, heck they won't be attending this lectures if not because she needed to meet her boyfriend.

"Get out of my class". The walls of the class shook because of how strong his voice is but that did not scare nabeelah not even a Little but she is scared of no one.
"make sure you come out this instant and meet me out".she mouthed to her Friend to which she nodded at.
She picked up her purse and phone and sashayed out of the class after giving the lecturer on last glance.

Nabeelah sat on a chair under the tree tapping her phone as she waits for layla to show up.
She was going through her Instagram page, she has over 20k followers nd still counting.
" hey Babes am out".layla said and plopped down beside her.
"Let's go to the cafeteria and grab something am hungry, and this stupid lecturer had to spoil my mood" . she mumbled the last part.

"I dont know why our parents insist on taking us to public university". Layla huffed while nabeelah nodded in agreement. The two best friends strolled to the cafe in silence each engrossed in her phone.

They sat on their chairs and started eating.
"Beeloh". Nabeelah looked up from her phone
"Huh". She acknowledged the call.
"Did boka tried to kiss you?". Layla asked and waited for her friends answer.
Beeloh looked at her friends squarely.
"Yeah". She shrugged.
" and wat did you do". She eyed her waiting for her response. "I allowed him to kiss my cheeks but not my lips, those are for my husband". Cherry hissed at her friends answer.

"Why would you do that, are u stupid what's the big deal, its just a kiss that's all".
"Mstw don't tell me what to do". She hissed
      "Ohk sm sorry, but please let him kiss you even once". She raised her hands in surrender not wanting to argue because she has alot  to get from nabeelah.
"What about ya Saleem's number" layla asked again. "You know he's married and I don't want to get scolded for giving out his number so please". Layla rolled her eyes but kept shut.

After they were done eating they headed to the parking lot to wait for asad who will meet them there. They both sat on the trunk of the car.
"Hey babes". Asad greeted as he approached them. Nabeelah waved at him as he came closer. He wanted to kiss her lips but she looked away and the kiss landed on her cheeks. He looked embarrassed but kept quiet.
He dismissed his friends who are chatting with layla. Layla left with them promising to come back in a few minutes.
Nabeelah and asad got into his car and sat as they chatted. "You look beautiful as always baby". He breathed bringing his face closer so close that she could feel his breath fanning her face. She loves it when a guy compliments her which is why she always dresses so well before going to school.
" you don't look bad yourself"m she managed to utter when she came back to her senses. She shifted back because of their close proximity, his fanning her making goosebumps appear all over her skin. She doesn't want him to know that its affecting her.
But he had already noticed, he knows his way with girls and he'll do anything to get nabeelah in the way he wants, it's a promise he made to himself.

"Why won't you let me kiss you plump lips baby, its tempting please let me do it just once". He rubbed her shoulders gently which made her to shudder at his touch. He smiled in victory feeling happy and proud of what he is doing .
She closed her eyed liking what she's feeling. He took that as a go ahead. He leaned in to kiss her when the door to her side opened. She opened her eyed abruptly getting back into her senses while he groaned in annoyance, who's this stupid person that ruined his moment. He thought.
"am sorry guys". Cherry apologised quickly from the look asad was giving he'd she knew she messed it up for him.
Nabeelah grabbed her bag and waved him bye before stepping out of his car. He made the phone call sign with his hand and mouthed "I'll call you later". She nodded before leaving tonehr car with layla tailing behind.
They hugged bye before she settled down in her car. She thought of what almost happened back in asad's car, what would have happened if he had kissed her. it felt wrong yet so right. She loves the way he makes her feel, all the compliments and touches. But then isnt kissing a non mahram in Islam?, but who cares its just one time and She'll stop, that's what she has been telling herself. Yes She'll let him kiss her if it makes him happy but only once. She touched her lips absentmindedly. Oh how sweet it will be when they kiss. She smiled at her thoughts before driving away not even waiting for her second lectures, who cares anyways.

Yo! Who updated yes its me, I also can't believe I updated this early😂. Its short but I hope you enjoy it.
The next few chapters are all flashbacks.

And yes, up there is our zayden😀. Comment ur thoughts on both of their pictures please I wanna know if they are OK.

Vote,comment, follow and share.

❤hafsatuuwaxeery❤.