◇13&◆

◇◆◇

Y/n's pov

"I have nothing better to do today, so why not." You said, stretching your arms above your head.

"Really? I thought you'd say that I need to get my priorities straight or something." Hawks said, in an excited tone with a small smile gracing his face.

"Actually, I think I'm somewhat impressed that you're thinking of food after having a gun pointed at you. It's quite admirable if I do say so myself, Captain." You said, some what sarcastic, with a soft smile on your face that drowned out any flaw you have.

*ring**ring**phone noises**phone noises*

Hawks' phone started to ring, so obviously he stood said, 'excuse me' and took the call.

I wonder where we should go to get chicken. Thinking about food is starting to make me get hungry.

You felt a paw place itself on your hand so you looked down to it.

"Who is that and why does he have big bird wings." Sonnie said, the last part a question but it came off as a statement more than anything.

"He's someone I met at the fundraiser. Also if you want this weekend I can stop by Hakamata's apartment and you can meet his cat." Y/n said in her normal calm voice.

"I rather stay home and away from disgusting people, then leave to meet some pampered cat." Sonnie replied starring daggers into you.

"I'll get you home as soon as possible Sonnie." You said, as you continued to pet her soft and silky fur.

"You better or the next time I attack someone it's gonna to be you." She said, in a tone filled with venom.

"Whatever you say cat." A small smile made it's way to your face as you looked up to see Hawks walking back to you.

"Hey, sorry but I have to take a rain check on the chicken date. Something came up at my office so I gotta get back." Hawks said, his face showing disappointment mixed with sadness.

"I really wanted chicken." He said dragging his feet on the sidewalk. "Oh, hey! I can give you my number and we can set this up later!"

Y/n looked at the man with an eyebrow raised. "Is this a sly way to get my number, Captain?" You could hear Sonnie snickering on your other side and also heard her say, "Oh my y/n, you're pretty but not that pretty."

You little bi-

"Pfft, I wasn't expecting that!" Hawks erupted into a fit of giggles and you decided to take this time to stand and put the leash on Sonnie.

And yes, you did still buy the things you needed, which includes the leash.

Should I just leave while he's giggling like a maniac?

You looked at the giggling man and said with a sigh, "Okay okay, Captain calm down. You're gonna hyperventilate or something."

Hawks finally got his shit together and managed to ask for your number. You gave it to him and he smiled his big beautiful smile.

"See ya later y/n, I gotta go!"

"Bye Captain."

◇◆◇

"I think he was coming on to you."

"Sonnie if you don't shut up right now I'll throw you out a window." Y/n said storming into her kitchen.

"Listen, he's a bird man and I'm a cat. I'm never gonna get along with him so you should dump him and move on." Sonnie said following her owner but slowly.

"Sonnie! I met him last night! And I don't think I could develop feelings for someone that fast." Y/n broke her calm and composed act for a bit but collected herself in the end.

"Denial is the first stage of love kid." Sonnie said hopping onto one of the counters in the kitchen.

"Isn't denial the first stage of grief?"
Y/n asked opening the fridge and grabbing the first thing she saw.

"I don't know and I don't care." Sonnie said in her sassy as always voice. "So ya gonna text him?" She asked tilting her head.

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" Y/n said leaning against the counters across from Sonnie and digging into her food.

"Haven't I made it clear that I don't like him?" The cat asked hissing slightly.

"You don't like him just because he has bird wings, which relates to his quirk, and if you know anything cat then it's that us humans can't just change quirks." Y/n said continuing to eat after finishing talking.

"Well yeah but at least I have a reason to dislike him."

"I have a reason to like him and it's that he's nice."

"How do you know he's not just acting?"

"He's a hero, Sonnie. If he was a bad guy I'm sure the media would have outed him by now."

Sonnie squinted at you the jumped off the counter. "I'm going to sleep."

"Have a nice nap. I'll wake you for food."

"Got it."

I'm gonna get gray hairs from my cat.

◇◆◇