◇23✥◆

◇◆◇

Wanna go out?

After a long day of work that consisted of work, work, and more work, plus a few tired sighs, y/n was ready to head home and sleep but of course, life isn't that easy.

Hawks had just texted her asking if she wanted to go out with him.

I want to go out but I also want to stay home. I could just invite him over and we can chill here. No, that's a bad idea Sonnie would kill him and me.

As you tried to think up a solution, your phone vibrated.

We can chill at the park near your house.
Honestly I just wanna sit and talk with you somewhere.

Hmm, that park is close by so it won't be hard to get there and back.

Sure I'll head there now.

Sweet! ٩( ᐛ )و

You decided to leave Hawks on read as you made your way to the flower filled park you oh so loved.

Man anyone allergic to pollen must suffer when walking through this park.

As you continued to think of the many different types of flowers in the park you walked down the street leading to said park.

Under the clear blue sky, you walked and walked thinking about different things ranging from lilies to lions. As you let your mind wonder around you stepped into the park, making your way over to a nice wooden bench clear of bird poop.

Speaking of birds, the big one you were waiting for just showed up. He flew over to you with a huge smile on his face.

"Hey! So, how's your day been?" He asked in an excited voice.

"My day has been fine, thank you for asking. Oh, and I'm guessing you want me to ask you how your day has been." You said, watching the man's every move as he sat himself right next to you.

"My day has been eventful, to say the least." He said, getting as comfortable on the wooden bench as one possibly could.

You looked at him with a half confused face before speaking, "Did you want to talk about anything in particular?"

Hawks thought for a minute before talking, "I was wondering if I could ask you for a favour."

He looked over to you so you guys were face to face.

Man his breath smells like shit.

"For one, invest in something to make your breath smell good, or at least not like crap. Second of all, it depends on what this little favour consist of." You said with a teasing tone lacing your voice.

"It's nothing bad Love, so don't worry." Hawks said while smiling.

You gave him a weird look then said, "I'm starting to worry because of how sketchy you're acting right now."

He looked at you innocently, "UA called my agency and asked if I knew anyone who could possibly help remove and house a stray dog that got onto their campus."

"Is it really that hard to get a stray dog off a campus?" You gave him a confused look, "And are you implying that you want me to take care of the dog?"

Hawks' eye are now shining so bright with hope you had to look away.

Who allowed this man to have puppy eyes?

"Listen Love, if I thought the dog was dangerous then I wouldn't have even come up with the idea. Also from what I can tell you're amazing with animals, and I know you enjoy helping them." Hawks still had puppy eyes as he talked up his idea.

"Sonnie will rage the most deadly war if I keep the dog." You thought aloud to yourself. "But the poor thing is a stray and probably got mixed up with some of the students."

Eyes shut and your mind going a mile a minute, you made a small plan to help the stray dog that you already loved.

"Man, Sonnie's gonna kill me." You said glaring at Hawks as softly as you could. "Why can't a hero remove the dog from the campus?" You asked Hawks as he stopped with the puppy eyes, realising that you had given in to helping the stray.

"Apparently they've tried, but no one can find him and the one student that can talk to animals is sick and can't talk. Also whenever someone does find him he hides or attacks them."

And here I thought if an animal attacked a hero they would attack back.

"How'd he get on the campus?" You asked moving closer to Hawks for more body heat.

Its cold okay!

"They don't know. The building is completely gated off so he couldn't have just wondered though the gates without the guards seeing him."

"Hmm, when should we go to remove him?" You asked glancing at the trees that surrounded the two of you.

"They said the sooner the better, so if it works for you, tomorrow." Hawks said laying his head on your shoulder.

You laughed softly before replying, "Yeah sure, it sounds like a date, Captain." You nuzzled your head into Hawks' hair then got up and left.

A small and cute squawk came from the bird man behind you as you continued on your way back to the warm building you called home.

◇◆◇

*whispers* but not for long.

◇◆◇