◇27◌◆

◇◆◇

"Why are you here?" The voice was smooth yet gruff and you put all your attention on the person who owns it.

And by person I men dog. Bulldog to be exact.

He's so cute, I'm impressed with myself for not running up to him and hugging him.

"I'm supposed to find you, to put it simply." You said, voice calm and composed, the complete opposite of all the thoughts running through your mind.

"That sounds creepy." The brown and white dog said, coming only so slightly out of the bushes.

You glanced over the body of the dog you could see and saw a few shallow cuts peppering him.

How did he get hurt? By people or from the branches of bushes. Other animals could have also hurt him.

"I'm not trying to be creepy, I just want to help you. Do you have any major injures?" You asked from your sitting position.

He stayed where he was in the bushes but talked back. "Nothing I can't deal with."

Well that's not helpful.

"Did anyone hurt you? Or more specifically how did you get those cuts?" You said, nodding your head towards the bulldog.

"That's none of your concern." He said, taking a small step back.

"If I didn't care I wouldn't have asked. I'm a vet, I can help and I won't hurt you." You said not moving from your spot on the green grass.

The wind blew and the bushes and leaves danced with it.

"I don't care what you are. I don't like humans." The bulldog said in an even more gruff voice with a small ruff after.

"Not all humans are the same." You said, starring at the medium sized dog with a gentle gaze.

"Okay? Did I ask?"

After what the dog said all you could do was sigh.

I've met Sonnie in dog form.

"What was that sigh for?" The dog asked.

"I have a cat friend and what you said reminded me of her." You said before continuing, "She is a very sassy being."

The dog gave a slight ruff that sounded like a laugh.

Did I make him laugh?

"Her name is Sonnie." You say, informing him.

He seemed to recognize the name and relaxed slightly.

Because his a stray I'm guessing he would know of Sonnie.

"I've heard of her. She seems wild."

All you did in response was nod and to your surprise the stray sat down just outside the bushes.

"Wild is the nicest thing I would call her." You chuckled after talking, the dog joining in to add a few laughs.

"Do you have a name?" You asked, tilting your head.

"Not really." Was what he replied with. "Do you want one?" You asked.

He looked up to you, a small light in his eyes but looked back to the ground after the small amount of eye contact.

"I don't care." His voice was back to being completely gruff.

You sat still for a while before speaking.

"The ants said you look like a Sander." You said after listen to the few ants that decided to stay with you.

The dog looked up to you confused. "How can you talk to animals?"

"It's my quirk." You said simply. "Not as flashy as some people's but I like it."

You smiled at him and the conversation between you both continued.

Eventually you got him to agree to coming with you to get checked out at your clinic.

He also ended up accepting the name Sander.

You told Hawks the news and he told you to take Sander to the clinic and he'll go in and talk to U.A.'s principle.

You did as told. Talking Sander to the clinic was easier to do then you thought it was going to be.

Luckily for you there was barely anyone out at the time so the streets to your office were nearly clear of all people.

Once there, you did all the mandatory check ups then got a nice bed and bowl of food ready for Sander.

He was happy, though you could barely tell, you knew he was.

Soon enough, Sander was situated and you said bye to him and the few coworkers that were lingering at the vet clinic.

You then started on the walk home, taking your phone out to ask Hawks about what happened when you left.

Though somehow the conversation left the topic and you both started to talk about random things, making you laugh every so often.

◇◆◇

Y/n's pov

You entered your house to hear Sonnie singing/screeching at the top of her lungs.

"My neck, my back!"

Your eyes widened with what she was singing.

"Lick-" "Sonnie! Please stop!" You cut her off right when she was getting to the best part of the song. How rude.

"Wow, you come home after being gone all day just to yell at me to stop doing what I love." She said, the fake amazement dripping from her mouth. No wait that's saliva.

"Why is there saliva dripping from your mouth?" You asked as you walked further into the house.

"Bold of you to assume it's saliva."

"Sonnie." You glared at her weakly.

"Well, for one it's drool. And two I'm self conscious about my uncontrollable drooling so please don't point it out." Sonnie said as you glared at her.

"Why do you act so difficult?" You ask in a pleading tone, with your shoulders slumping.

"I like doing what I'm good at." Sonnie said simply strutting off to do who knows what.

One day I'm gonna come home and she's gonna be bouncing off the walls like a ball.

◇◆◇