◇28※◆

◇◆◇

Y/n's pov

The next day you woke up to a text on your phone.

When you looked at who it was from you filled with happiness.

The text was from none other then one of your best of friends, Best Jeanist.

You smiled and replied to his text that was, 'Sorry I haven't been able to contact you much. Work comes first after all.' With a nice and simple, 'it's fine, just don't over do it got it?'

On the other side of the conversation a smile spread onto Best Jeanist's face. He was happy to be able to talk to one of his close friends and not another hero.

He replied with, 'You still haven't met my dog. You should come over with Sonnie and Hawks one of these days.'.

You shifted into confusion.

Why would I bring Hawks?

After asking yourself this small question, the answer hit you.

This man is about to tease me about my relationship with Hawks.

'You're gonna have to try harder if you want to tease me about Hawks.', was what you texted back with, as you got up from your comfortable bed and walked slowly to the bathroom.

I should get ready then head out to the clinic to check on Sander.

'Well then I'll just tease the two of you when you come over soon. Have a good day I need to get going.', you saw the text from Best Jeanist and typed away as you also got ready for a quick shower.

'Okay I'll be looking forward to it. Have a nice day.'

And with that the conversation came to a close and you hopped in and out of the shower. Then you got dressed and walked out to the kitchen to grab something to eat.

"Well hello there." Sonnie's sleepy voice came from her favorite spot on the couch as you walked past it.

"Hey Sonnie, good morning." You said in a calm voice, one that by now, Sonnie had come to love despite what she might say about you.

"I'm gonna get something to eat then head to the clinic. Also Hakamata wants us to come over to meet his dog soon." You said walking into the kitchen and grabbing something from the fridge.

Sonnie gave you a confused look, "Weren't we supposed to do that like, a while ago?" She had amusement in her voice.

"Well yeah," You said with a mouth full of food. "Swallow first idiot." Sonnie said in an annoyed tone.

You nodded and swallowed but before you could say anything Sonnie said, "I bet you've never heard that before.". You glared at Sonnie but ignored her comment and continued with what you were going to say.

"Because of the whole cat-astrophe that happen at the shop, and hanging out with Hawks I kind of forgot." Sonnie looked at you with a blank expression.

"Did you just make a cat pun?" She asked in an emotionless voice.

"Yeah." You said, a small smile on your face.

"Get out." Was all the Calico cat said, and you happily left calling out a happy 'goodbye!' to the disgusted cat.

◇◆◇

You hopped in your car and after making Sonnie so disgusted you had a new found confidence. It could have also been because the pun you made was amazing but mostly just that Sonnie was mad.

Anyway, you drove yourself over to the clinic, ignoring any odd comments you could hear from animals.

Once to the clinic, you got out of your car and walked in. You said hi's and hello's to most of the people you saw, them saying a 'hello' in reply.

You made your way to where Sander had put and smiled softly at the bulldog when you saw him.

"Hey Sander, how's your morning been?" You said, grabbing his empty food and water bowl to refill them.

"It's been fine. A few people came in to see me and they were overall nice." He said in what you knew as his normal voice.

"Well, if you want I can take you on a small walk after you eat and drink." You offered, a small smile resting on your face.

"Sure, I don't like being kept inside for to long." He said getting up from his spot and walking over to eat.

It's only the morning but today feels eventful.

While you let Sander eat, you looked out one of the windows in the room and saw a clear blue sky.

Good, that means today is most likely not gonna have rain. If I can I should grab a leash somewhere.

You continued to plan out your day as Sander filled his hungry little doggy stomach.

◇◆◇