Chapter 4: Struggle

"Are you doing fine?" Lisa asked the little kid on the stretcher. There's an emergency in the hospital and they need a doctor to look after the patient "This won't hurt you, I promise"

Lisa took the syringe and aim it to the kid who's crying so bad. Two nurses assist her by holding each side of the child's body.

"No. It will hurt!" The seven year old kid cry, he keeps on restraining from the nurses grip. The child needs to get treated inside the operating room because of the deep open wood in his forehead because of the bus accident which cause a lot of distress to everyone inside the said vehicle.

"We will catch a bug here, don't worry. I'm with you" She smile for assurance and nod her head to the two nurses before she aim the propofol injection to the kid.

"Ouuch!" The kid wince.

Lisa pull out the syringe and put it om the tray "Prepare the operating room" She said. This is going to be her first surgery for being an intern. First day in hospital yet first day holding a patient.

Later on, the anesthesia effects in the child's body as he fell asleep already. The nurses push the stretcher towards the operating room.

"Lisa.. We need an assistance" Jisoo run after her.

"We have an operation, There's no one can perform the surgery" Lisa replied as she put her laboratory gown, gloves and bouffant cap.

"Gosh this is stressing.. 20 patients are in the emergency room and we have lack of doctors who are staying inside the hospital" Jisoo said in panic.

"Are they still in their off? They should get back here. I know they're in their day off but it's their responsibility" Lisa said and walk in hasty towards the OR "I'll be back if we finish this as early as possible"

Jisoo bob her head and run back to the ER, Wherein all of the doctors and interns are used.

"We need to perform a surgery into few patients" Dr. Park said as shine a bright light into the patient's eyes to check if it's brain dead.

"The OR is being occupied by Lisa and Dr. Lee" Ten reported.

Noises are everywhere. Every family are in panic because of their loved ones who are suffering in pain. Reporters are trying to get in but the guards didn't let them.

"First aid matters the most.. In Lisa's case, they won't last an hour inside the operating room since it's just an open wound" She replied and look at Sunmi "Dr. Jeon, Kindly check the upcoming patients while I'm talking to the Director.. I think we couldn't take all of these and some of them need to be transfer in other hospital"

----

Lisa's P. O. V

"Needle forceps" I said as I extend my hand. They give me what I need for suturing this wound of the kid.

I inserted the suture on the midline, I twist my wrist as I pull out the needle on the opposite side by the forceps. So I tie the first half of the knot before I intertwined the long end of the suture. It's going to be a lot of stitches before It goes done. He has a deep wound and need an CT SCAN after this if he will feel dizzy. My sweat is building up on my forehead.

Few minutes later and the numbness of my body is already paid off. I walk out of the operating room and proceed to the sink to remove the gloves with blood stain on it. I wash my hands and put an alcohol on it.

"Dr. Manoban, Could you help me with the patient in room 204? She's having a seizure" The nurse reported to me.

"I'll be there in a minute" I said and she dashes out of the room.