Chapter 20

Jennie's P. O. V.

It's 7:45 PM when I walk through the bridge, looking up to see the lights above which is the stars. They are witnessed on my success.

We celebrated our success the whole day. They congratulate me for being a hardworking.

For the past years, I've learnt something that I can carry for my whole life. A life lesson that would never dropped off.

Three years ago when I left home. I left everything behind. I cut every connections from them. I carry my own child without any help from them. I decided to be away and raise him. For the last 6 months before I gave birth, I have no one and nothing with except the villagers. They help me through my pregnancy.

I decided to sell my car, jewelries, laptop, phones that I got from Lisa's condo unit before I left so I can add it up on my savings. The struggle I face during those pregnancy, I don't know how many times I endure the pain on my belly, for I thought my baby wouldn't make it. Everytime I visited my Doctor in a public hospital, he's always telling me that my baby was fine and holding on.

When I gave birth to him, It was the best day of my life. The pain, struggles and heartaches.. Everything was worth it. He was healthy. I cried because Reign didn't left me. He stayed and hung on there. He was my strength during those times that I don't want to live and just gave up everything.

Before I left for good, I looked for a best place to stay in then I found this Jeolla province. For the first week, I stayed in a motel. Fortunately, I met Bobby. He offered their small house and it's free. Even though I was not used to a small house, I stayed. His Family helped me.

After six months of staying here without income, I experienced the feeling of I need money for check up and food to eat. I looked for a job that is perfectly fit for a pregnant woman but I couldn't find any. I bet Reign and my life to support ourselves from drought. I asked Bobby to let me do farming, at first they're against and ready to help me financially but I refused.

I hate asking for help to anyone, I don't know why.

When Reign was a 6 month old, I took the courage to work so hard. I almost die because of fatigue just to feed him. I worked as a farmer every day and cashier at night.

I changed my name so no one will find me. I don't want to go back to the place where my life was ruined. Where I experienced the thing that I couldn't ever imagined.

I left her because it's good for me and the baby. I couldn't afford if one day, I loss my child. Thoughts running through my head that time. Should I stay like this? Stay with her and cry every minute while thinking what's next? The pain that molted my whole being brought me into so much satisfaction and happiness when I finally heard and saw my child.

My only child.

I have no idea what's happening to Lisa right now but I wish her the best in life.

I'm happy being a single Mom with Reign then this opportunity came up that fulfill my dreams.

When Reign was a year old, I decided to continue my dream to become a lawyer. Lisa's words pinned on my mind that I was useless for giving up everything just for her that's why I promised to myself that once I can do it, once I can go back studying, I will continue my desire.

I applied to different scholarships to support myself through the education and I guess the luck was with me during those times. I got scholarship to the University I've been studying and received financial support from the locals. I said to myself that maybe this is the sign that I should go and continue what I wanted.