Chapter 18

Mr. Lee, Jisoo and Lisa wore their operating gown, gloves and head cap. They were in hurry to perform a surgery because of Mino's condition, he's barely breathing.

"Are we guys okay?" Mr. Lee asked.

"Yes" The two replied.

They proceed inside the room while lifting their hands. The nurses are ready and staying on Mino's side. Doctor Lee lead the operation by marking Mino's body, since they injected the anesthesia they proceed on cutting their chest up to 10-inch. The surgeon cuts through all or part of the patient's breastbone to expose the heart.

Once they saw the heart, the patient connected to a heart-lung bypass machine. The machine moves blood away from the heart so that the surgeon can operate.

Lisa uses a healthy vein or artery to make a new path around the blocked artery when Mino's body becomes weaker. His blood pressure and pulse are dropping too fast which made the machine went wild.

"He's giving up" Jisoo said "Pump the heart now!"

Lisa who's in charge widened her eyes and stop from moving. She look at Mino first then to his heart. She lifted her arms and stare at it, looks like she is getting hesitant to help him to survive. By just thinking that Mino was the main reason why they broke up, irritates her.

"Lisa! Pump it!" Mr. Lee shouted on her but seems like she couldn't hear anything.

Lisa look at them and shook her head. Jisoo's eyes widened and tap Mr. Lee's shoulder to take in charge because Lisa is getting hesitant. Jisoo move towards Lisa and grab her collar before she dragged her outside the operating room.

Jisoo throw her on the wall and pinned her by putting her arm against her chest.

"How stupid you are that you'll let him die?! What gotten into you? Huh?!" Jisoo started to yelled

Lisa wet her lips and pushed Jisoo "Get off me!"

"If you are mad at him, set aside ir when you are doing your job! You became a Doctor with purpose remember that Lisa! Be professional and leave your stupidity in your house!" Jisoo pushed her so hard and walk inside the operating room again, leaving Lisa on the bench.

----

After the operation, Lisa called Somi to have a walk tonight. She waited outside their dorm and the Lady smile widely when she saw Lisa. She run to her and give a congratulatory hug.

"Wow you had a successful operation again!" She cheerfully said.

Lisa smile a bit and just walk which Somi followed "Have you had your dinner?" She asked.

She shook her head "Nope. I am craving on something" She pouted.

Lisa bob her head "What do you want to eat?"

"I want pastaaaa" She scream in excitement which cause Lisa to laugh.

"Then we will go for a pasta then"

They ate in a nearest restaurant and Somi had three plates while Lisa, she didn't touch her food. They proceed on walking without Lisa thinking about Jennie who's waiting for her at home so they can eat together.

As they walk, Somi offered her hand to intertwined it. Lisa titter and do what Somi wanted. Their arms swing as they look through the city lights.

Somi stop from walking and face Lisa, they're under the lights. Lisa look up and her smile couldn't be changed by something.

"Lisa.. I have something to say"

"What is it?" She asked without looking at her.

Somi didn't hesitate and said "I am pregnant. We're having our first baby" She mumbled.