Chapter 55

Irene's P. O. V.

"You look so gorgeous Jennie" I complimented.

"She still looks like a college student" Nayeon added and touch Jennie's hair.

We ordered different foods for dinner. I can't help but to steal some glances at Reign, he really looks like Lisa. I can't deny. The way how he much his foods, smile and change the expression. I was wondering what Jennie feel when she sees Lisa on her son's face?

"Really? I think I aged a bit" She chuckle and give Reign a spoonful of food.

"He really looks like Lisa" Chaeyoung finally speak while looking at Reign.

I know she's trying to take a courage to talk to her since what happened before but I guess, Jennie really forgive and forget everything from the past? I can see from her that she's not affected anymore even when we attended Yoongi's party and shared with the same table, she didn't feel the awkwardness.

"Nothing got from me" She jokingly said and wipe the mess on Reign's cheek.

"Anyways, I'm just curious about that guy.. Who is he?" I cut them off and asked another question.

"Ah! He's Bobby.. He help me throughout the years and he's a good friend" She stated and looked at us.

"Your boyfriend?" Nayeon asked.

Jennie laugh at us and shook her head "No. Just a friend" She clearly said.

"We didn't expect that you'll come back with success and this" I pointed Reign which made her smile as well.

"I pursue my dream after I gave birth so I won't feel worthless" She chuckle.

Chaeyoung drink her water and clear her throat. Maybe she's uncomfortable about the topic. They should talk and ask for forgiveness, it takes time to accept it but I know for sure that Jennie will accept her again because they're best friends since then.

We talked about other things like work, her life in village and life as a Mom and I can tell that she really went through but the smile on her face never faded. She looks so happy while reminiscing her past in that place, maybe they took care of her that much that's why it lasted for 3 years.

"Wow, I never expect that you could stay there for so long without phone and someone with you" Nayeon said in amusement.

Jennie laugh softly "Even me.. I didn't hesitate to stay there maybe because I was thinking about Reign that time, I need someone that time and even money. It helps me to save money for my upcoming baby. They gave me a hand throughout my pregnancy and I was thankful for that.. I owe them a lot for saving me and Reign but regardless of their help, I never asked for money. I worked hard on my own while carrying him and months after I gave birth" She told while looking down on her plate.

We went quiet as soon as we heard her words. She's really a strong girl, I don't pity her for suffering during that time but I pity Lisa more because she lost someone like Jennie.

I remembered when Seulgi told me while we're on phone that she saw how Somi hit Lisa on the chest a lot of times while crying when they went out to drink or hang out, she was accusing Lisa that maybe she was seeing Jennie or some girls that time and it actually sucks. Jennie never do that to Lisa, even though they had a serious fight, she never think of hitting Lisa or throw hatred towards her. I don't why Lisa endure that type abuse.

"We're very sorry that we didn't do anything back then" I apologize.

"It's fine. I'm okay now and everything that happened from the past was a lesson to be learned" She sincerely said.