Chapter 30

"So the hearing will be on Monday?" Jennie asked the client while turning the pages.

"Yes Atty. Kim" The man said, getting teary and nervous.

Jennie inclined her head "So apparently, your case is about identity theft so you will file a case about libeling.. Tell if I'm wrong" She said and look at him.

"Yeah.. They're accusing for using the bank accounts of other employees because they accidentally saw the cards on the table during break time but I swear.. I never did. I almost lose my mind just to think about what food should I bring home to my children after a long day of work.. You see Atty. Kim I am just a janitor in the company and I don't know how to use cards because I can't read and understand what will be the machine asked" The man looked down and wipe his tears "I borrowed a money to my Mom because I can't afford a Lawyer.. She worked hard for this money for almost 6 months.. "

Jennie looked at the man, he's still wearing a overall attire for Janitor. His hands are too dirty because his work hours ended. He's with his youngest daughter who's crying beside him.

"My Dad is not a stealer.. Please help him Atty. Kim. He's the only person we're rooting for to eat.. We don't have Mom because she left us" The kid cry.

"They're taking advantage of me because I can't read and I'm just poor" The man said, he's getting embarrassed.

Jennie wet her lips and close the document "Don't worry Mr. Kang, as what I've read in your case and other evidences, I will assure you that the table will turn. We will do a further discussion in court so you need to be ready by Monday" She stated that made the Man's face lit up. He can feel a hope from Jennie's words.

"Thank you so much" The man stood up and bow his head a lot of times including his child.

Jennie got up from her seat and asked for a handshake which the client quickly take. She hold the child's hand and caress her cheeks.

"Don't worry.. I won't let them take your Dad away from you" She assure her and regain her posture "So.. This will be for today? I hope to see you in Monday being confident without any fear on your face Mr. Kang. Have a great day"

Jennie bowed her head and took her things and walked outside the discussion room. She walked straight to the office and every man are eyeing on her beauty.

"Good Morning Atty. Kim!" A man wearing a suit greeted her, probably a Lawyer as well.

Jennie looked on the direction where the voice came from "Good Morning" She said and curled her lips as she walk.

The man tap his friend to take his coffee and run on Jennie's side. He fix his hair and necktie to look good in front of her.

"So.. I think you don't know me since you're a new employee so.. I'm Atty. Hwang.. But you can call me Min-Hyun" He introduced and asked for a handshake as they walk.

Jennie look at his before he accept it "Nice to meet you Atty. Hwang" She uttered before she let go of his hand.

"So.. I'm-"

He didn't finish his words when Jennie open the door of her office and close it. He was stuck on his place and scratch his head. He look at his back and heard his friends laughing at him.

---

Jennie's P. O. V.

It's 4:26 PM and my meetings to my clients are already done. Lucky to me that Reign is fast asleep inside my office. I checked him and he's sucking his pacifier.

I have trials from Monday to Wednesday so I have to study the case. I can feel the pain on my arm where the vaccine took place.

I took my seat on my swivel chair and rested my back on it. This day is a stressful one for me. I almost slap that Somi for saying those words to my son but of course I need to keep myself calm because Reign is with me and aside from that by just thinking that I will stoop on her level made me realized that she's not worth to waste my energy and time but I swear once we meet again and I heard her words about Reign, I would never think twice.