Chapter 9

Jennie's P. O. V.

When I reached home earlier, I fell asleep due to the pain that I was enduring. I need to see my doctor for my ankle and ask for medical certificate so I can show it to my stupid department head. How could he? He's doubting me for having a sprain upon my ankle, Do I look like I will lie to him? He's such an idiot.

I brush my disheveled hair by my fingers when I took my seat on the bed. My toe was wrapped with elastic bandage that had been put by the nurse in the clinic. I look on the clock it's already 9 PM. I haven't had any meal inside my stomach and I feel so sick by hearing how it growl so loud.

"Mom!" I shouted from the bottom of my lungs so she can hear me. I don't think I can go down stairs without any help from anyone.

Seconds passed and still there's no silhouette under the door. I throw the duvet on my side and decided to walk all by myself, maybe my parents are already sleeping. Before I stood up from the bed, I checked my phone first and saw Lisa's last message around 3pm, she's busy. I put back my phone on the table and got up, she will call me tonight so I need to hurry. I was in the midway towards my door when it suddenly went open, revealing my Mom.

"Oh. You're awake" She smile and walk towards me "Does it hurt so much?"

"Obviously Mom that's why I'm asking for help" I rolled my eyes and she laugh at me.

Mom wrapped her arm around my waist and held my hand to help me from walking. I never imagine myself being like this. It feels like something ripped apart my bone and veins inside. We reach the hardest way, it is the stairs. I'm really scared knowing that my Mom isn't that strong to support my body from falling and if that happens, both of us will put on the stretcher.

"Heave-ho! Heave-ho! Heave-ho!" My Mom uttered while I was stepping on the stairs.

"Mom! I'm not a kid anymore" I howl.

"Oh My God! What just happened?!" Ella went in shocked, she's holding a bowl of chips while munching something inside her mouth, I know for sure she will see a movie marathon tonight, this kid really..

She help my Mom to bring me down, thankfully she's being gentle as ever. We headed in the kitchen and they put me on my seat, every meal was settled, looks like they're just waiting for me to eat them.

"Ella. Could you get my phone firsy before you head to your room? Lisa might call me tonight" I commanded.

"Okay. I'll get it"

Even though this kid is a hard headed type of person, she still follows what I told her to do. I ate as much as I wanted, My Mom kept on talking to me while I'm digging in. She asked me how did I reached home, Who helped me and what should I do next.

"Mom I don't know him.. He just mentioned his name and that's it. He was wearing his mask so I don't know if I could remember him" I hissed, she's been forcing me to give a gift to this softhearted man who supported me throughout my struggles earlier but heck I don't know him.

"How could you let him go without even asking his name?!" She scoff.

"His name is Mino.. Gosh Mom for the nth time! You're pestering me while I'm eating. I can't even enjoy my food" I told, she rolled her eyes on me.

"Since you also mentioned that he is a teacher because of his ID, You can ask someone for help. It's a thank you gift because he accompanied you to the clinic" She explained to me.

"Mom.. If Lisa knows it, she-"

"Then tell her.. She will understand"

I just sigh and purse my lips as I stare at my food. Lisa will be jealous, in any simplest way. She'll say it's fine but deep inside she wanted to say No. Most especially, she's not with me if I give a thank you gift to Mino.