Scared

This one also takes place after the "Mount Rushmore" episode. It will be in TJ's POV.

"Legs go up, legs go down. That's how we make the swing go round," I sing Cyrus's swing song as I'm on the swing alone. I really messed up. I ditched Cyrus for Kira and I don't know how to forgive myself. I might've lost him for good. "Drag your feet, you go slow. The more you drag-"

"Nice song," I hear behind me. I look up and see Cyrus standing there. The last time I saw him was when he saw me in a costume with Kira. I can feel my nerves exploding inside me.

"Hey Cyrus," I say, trying not to panic.

"Why'd you do it?" Cyrus asks. Great. Just what I wanted to avoid.

"Cyrus I-" I start but he cuts me off.

"It feels like I'm always a second choice. I'm never the first. I thought you were the one person who actually cared. Why am I not good enough?" He looks like he might cry. I feel like my heart is breaking.

"Cyrus that's not it at all," I say, standing up. "You are my first choice. Always have been."

"Then what happened?"

"Kira...she-she got in my head. I don't know how to explain it but I just couldn't do it."

"I get it. You thought we would look like dorks. It's fine," he states, turning around.

"Cyrus, no, that's not what I think," I tell him, walking towards him. "I really wanted to do the costume with you, but Kira just- I don't know. I think she knows something."

He turns back towards me. "Like what?"

"Like...a secret. Something personal that I've never told anyone and I was scared. I was terrified that she would tell people."

"What did she say to you?" Cyrus asked. "That made you think she might know something."

"But....if I tell you you're gonna hate me. I just-I can't."

"TJ, that's not true. You can trust me, I promise."

"Okay," I say, looking down. "She said.... 'So you'd rather do a costume with Cyrus than with me. Okay. Have fun with that.' A-and then she just smirked and walked off..."

"TJ," Cyrus says, and my heart starts pounding out of my chest as I look up as him. Why did I just tell him that? I mentally face palm as I prepare for the worst.

He puts his hands on my shoulders. "It's okay."

"It is?" I ask.

"Yes," he assures me. "Could you maybe just clarify for me what you mean, in-in case I've misunderstood?" He takes his hands off my shoulders.

"Cyrus," I start. "I-I-"

"Yeah?"

I take a deep breath. "I like you... I really like you. Like, more than a friend." I look down again.

"I really like you too. More than a friend," he says, and my heart stops. I look up and he's smiling.

"Really?" I ask, calming down a bit.

"More than you know," he tells me.

"So....what happens now?" I ask as he walks closer.

We both start to lean in and our lips touch. I can feel an intense sensation of butterflies in my stomach as we kiss. We pull away after about 7 seconds, both of us blushing extremely hard.

"Cyrus, will you be my boyfriend?" I say to the brown-haired boy.

"I'd love to," he replies and hugs me.

We walk back to the swings and sit down. I can't stop smiling. Best day ever.