Please Don't Judge Me

Songfic loosely based on 'Please Don't Judge Me' by Connie Talbot.

Like my previous oneshot, this will not be in my usual songfic style of writing one or more paragraphs per line or per few lines of the song. I recommend listening to the song to get a feel for it. There will be different parts of the oneshot based on certain sections of the song, like one part might be based on the first verse, another on the chorus, etc. But it's not going to be as synonymous with the exact lyrics as my other songfics. So it really would be best to listen to it first, as I'm not going to be writing the lyrics in between like I usually do.

Anyway, I really love this song and Connie Talbot's voice and her original songs in general, and I hope you enjoy!!

AU// Cyrus has just two parents not four, & there's no Andi or Buffy or Jonah

⚠️TW⚠️ homophobia, mentions of conversion therapy, false pity, screaming/crying, talk of being 'turned', passing out from crying/dehydration (last one is in a dream)

(THERE IS A HAPPY ENDING LIKE ALWAYS)

•••

*Splash!*

I sigh as I step in yet another puddle, further soaking my socks and the bottom of each of my pant legs. I pull out my phone and check the time for what feels like the hundredth time in the past 20 minutes: yep, just what I thought. Still 10:16 at night. I've got nothing with me except my clothes and my phone — oh, and the rain pouring down my back and shoulders.

How did everything come down to this? I was so, so stupid to come out to them. I should've known they wouldn't accept me. They've always been this way; I just didn't think it would extend to their own son.

I've got nowhere else to go now, but I just can't go back there. I can't go back to that house and endure all their comments constantly thrown at me 24/7. I'm just not doing it. They say they won't send me to conversion therapy if I follow their rules, but I don't trust it. They're never going to see me the same anyway.

In the distance, I see a bench and I head towards it. I need a break from all this walking. My feet are hurting almost as much as my head. As I sit down, I realize my eyes are stinging, and consequently come to the conclusion that I must be crying. Well, it makes sense. I guess I just didn't realize before because of all the rain.

Taking out my phone once again, I try to think of someone I might be able to call who would let me stay the night. Everyone in my extended family lives too far away, and it's not like I have very many friends. Really, the only person I can think of is... TJ. But I can't bother him tonight; it's not fair on him. He told me he's having his best friend from summer camp, Sarah, over for a sleepover. He deserves to have fun and not have his night ruined just because I made a stupid decision.

Although, he is my friend and he did tell me he'd always be here for me. He probably wouldn't want me to sleep on a bench outside in the rain, even if I deserve it. Ugh. Why does he have to be so caring? If he found out I was out here and didn't tell him he'd probably yell at me. I guess I have to text him now, don't I?

Cyrus: hey. so um. i know you're
having your sleepover hang out
w sarah & everything and i really
don't want to interrupt it but
things happened and well

Cyrus: i sort of don't have
anywhere to stay atm and so i
was hoping maybe i could stay
the night at your place?

Cyrus: i promise i won't bother
you guys or anything and i could
even just sleep in the basement if
you want but if i can't stay over i
get it and i'll work something
else out. just wondering and
yeah sorry
read 10:23 PM