Nobody's Perfect

Ok so originally this was going to have a different title but then I had the most hilarious idea halfway through so here you go XD

•••

TJ and Cyrus had been friends for quite a while and both of them had developed feelings for the other. But although all of their smiles, look-backs, and hangouts where their hands brushed and they blushed just a little too much might have been clear to outsiders looking in, both of them were still very much oblivious to the other's feelings.

So when TJ overheard Andi say the word crush to Cyrus, he couldn't help but listen in more. He only wanted to know one thing: did Cyrus like him back?

"So Cyrus, you know that crush you had a while back that you said disappeared?" Andi asked Cyrus, leaning against her locker.

"Um...yeah. What about it?" Cyrus asked nervously.

TJ kept listening from afar, while staring at his phone to not seem obvious.

"We were wondering," Buffy started, slightly smirking. "Have you had any other crushes since?"

Andi and Buffy stared at him with eager eyes, waiting for him to say something. Cyrus's eyes widened as he looked momentarily panicked. He quickly scanned the room until his eyes finally landed on a poster for the upcoming play auditions. TJ watched in amusement.

"Uh- look! They're holding open auditions for the play this Friday! Isn't that exciting? Andi, you should try out, it's art-themed!" he rambled anxiously.

"Nice try, Cyrus. You're not getting out of this one," Buffy said.

"Yeah, and you know I don't act anyway, that was a weird thing to try to change the conversation to," Andi added. "Why don't you trust us, Cyrus? You know we won't make fun of you."

"I do trust you!" Cyrus insisted. "I just- I don't know. You guys um...you just might be a bit confused on this one. This one is, well, not someone you have a great impression with." He bit his lip.

Meanwhile, TJ's heart was thumping out of chest. He didn't really get on with Buffy, could Cyrus mean him? No, I'm being stupid. There's no chance it could be me. TJ thought, but then a different thought came fighting through. If there's no chance, why are you still listening?

"Oh my gosh," Buffy exclaimed. "Is this what I think it is?"

"Wh-what are you talking about?!" Cyrus stuttered, holding his stomach like he might throw up.

"Can I guess? Like, your crush, I mean."

"No!"

"Then you have to tell us."

"Ugh, fine," Cyrus gave in. "Um...it's uh TJ," he said quieter, but TJ still heard.

At this point TJ felt like he might either faint or float up to the clouds. He didn't even know anymore. The all-too-familiar bubbly feeling was back in his stomach and he never wanted it to go away.

"You like TJ?!" Andi and Buffy whisper-yelled in sync. Cyrus blushed and nodded, looking at the floor.

"I mean, that's what I was going to guess, but hearing you say it is different," Buffy added.

"That's so cute!" Andi gushed.

"He SO likes you back. I've seen the way he looks at you," Buffy told him.

TJ felt taken aback at this. They knew? How? Was he that obvious? He felt his chest tighten at the thought of them knowing, but then relaxed when he realized they didn't seem to be bothered by it.