SuperStar

Oneshot (loosely) based on the song "SuperStar" by Taylor Swift

Quick note: A certain lyric will be changed in this oneshot so Cyrus doesn't refer to himself as a girl obviously lol. Anyway enjoy.

•••

-3rd person present tense (past tense when looking back on things)-

This is wrong, but I can't help but feel like there ain't nothing more right, babe

Cyrus Goodman. 14 years 11 months old. Dinosaur enthusiast. Oh, and your basic super fan. Super fan of who, you might ask? Well, that would be TJ Kippen.

TJ Kippen. 16 years old. He may have won a talent competition a couple years ago. He's also a worldwide famous singer with millions of fans, but who's counting? Cyrus Goodman. That's who's counting.

You see, Cyrus may be just a little, teensy bit obsessed with TJ. Who wouldn't be? He has blonde hair, green eyes you could get lost in, and a voice that's out of this world. And Cyrus knows every single detail about him and his career that a fan could know. You might say he has a crush on him. Well, he does.

Cyrus does know that it's weird to have a crush on someone who doesn't know you exist, but he doesn't really care. He's dedicated his life to TJ since he discovered him, and he's not about to stop.

Misty morning comes again and I can't help but wish I could see your face

It's a bright Tuesday morning during the summer and Cyrus wakes up to his usual morning routine. He picks up his phone off of his nightstand and turns it on, staring at the lock screen. His wallpaper is of course, a picture of TJ, and he smiles seeing TJ sitting on a wooden chair with his elbow on his knee, head in his hand, flashing that smile that Cyrus has grown to love.

And I knew from the first note played, I'd be breaking all my rules to see you

Two years ago today was when Cyrus saw that smile for the first time. Cyrus was sitting on his couch, flipping through the TV channels, and stopped on his favourite reality TV show, Txlent Centrxl. Suddenly, a tall, green-eyed blonde boy walked on stage and almost-13-year-old Cyrus was immediately engaged in the show.

The boy introduced himself as TJ Kippen, and said that he was 14 years old. He then started to play his original song on the guitar. Right after the first strum, Cyrus knew that this guy would be taking up all of his time from then on. He was awestruck.

After that moment, he committed his whole being to supporting TJ in everything he does. He voted for TJ in every round until he won, and bought all of his music when it was released. He made sure that he was at every livestream, and every merch presale, even in the middle of the night.

Slowly, his grades started decreasing and he was no longer the top student like he used to be. Although he still gets good grades because he's smart, but other students have surpassed him.

And you smile that beautiful smile and all the girls in the front row scream your name

Cyrus has never been to one of TJ's concerts — although he wants to more than anything — but he has watched videos of the concerts on YouTube. And even though he loves seeing TJ's live performances, the videos also make him upset at the same time. This is because when he looks to the people in the audience, all he sees are teenage girls screaming TJ's name.

It reminds him that even if some miracle happened to make him meet TJ, he would have zero chance of ever being with him because TJ is the walking definition of a straight guy. Like have you seen him? Cyrus knows that no guy that good looking could possibly be gay. Even if he was, why would he like Cyrus of all people? He doesn't think it would be possible in any universe.