Songwriter

I wrote this February 8th and I'm finally releasing it lol. Hope you're ready.

Here's a new oneshot :)

•••

Cyrus was sitting on his bed, scrolling through his phone. It was a Saturday afternoon, but he had nothing to do. Andi and Buffy were busy, and had cancelled their weekly hangout at The Spoon. His finger hovered over TJ's contact, wondering if he should text him. There was a chance he might not be busy and could hang out. But would he ever not be nervous to ask?

Cyrus sighed, clicking on TJ's contact and typing out a message.

Cyrus: you got anything going on today?

He hit send and waited for a reply. Setting down his phone, he went over to the bathroom and washed his face. After brushing his teeth, he heard his phone chime. He rushed back into his bedroom and unlocked his phone, seeing a reply from TJ.

Teej: nope, just watching tv. what's up?

Cyrus: Andi and Buffy cancelled our usual weekly hang at the spoon so i'm sorta just sitting here, i was wondering if you wanted to hang out today?

Teej: sure. you wanna come over and play video games?

Cyrus: sounds good. right now?

Teej: yeah if you're ready

Cyrus: ok be over soon

Cyrus tossed his phone onto his bed and searched through his dresser for an outfit. He needed something that looked not too formal but not too casual. He didn't want to look like he was trying to dress up, because that would be weird. But he also wanted to look decent in front of his crush.

Once he found some clothes he decided were okay, he quickly got changed and headed downstairs. He told his parents he was going to a friend's before putting on his shoes. Then he went out the door and walked to TJ's house.

•••

TJ opened the door to see Cyrus standing there, hands in his pockets. He thought Cyrus looked really cute, but he could never tell him that. It would just make everything so awkward. Because why would Cyrus ever like him back? He didn't think it was possible. And he definitely didn't want to wreck their friendship.

"Hey, Underdog. Wanna come in?" TJ greeted.

"Sure," Cyrus replied and followed him inside.

TJ shut the door behind them, and led Cyrus to the game console in the living room. Cyrus sat down on the couch while TJ pulled out a box of games for them to choose from. They decided on Super Mario Bros., and TJ handed Cyrus a controller before sitting next to him.

After they played a few rounds, TJ turned off the console, deciding they should do something else now.

"Do you play any instruments?" TJ randomly asked.

"Uh, no, not really," Cyrus answered. "But I've always kinda wanted to learn piano, I guess. I don't know, it seems like it could be cool."

"Oh, well I've actually got a keyboard in my room, if you wanted to try it out?"