5. SHE

SHREYA'S POV:

Today I woke up early, I don't know why and got ready for office on time. I wore simple pink colored kurta and white salwar. Yes, you heard it right, I wore a kurta. My mum has brought 5 kurtas for me and strictly told me to wear them 😟. Isn't this tanashahi ( dictatorship)?

'Ye bhi koi baat hoti h bhala' (this is not fair). I pouted.

I put colored lip balm which was matching with my kurta and left my hair to freely float in the air 😁. Today my mum was also happy and luckily she did not create any melodrama.

I left for office 10 minutes earlier than my usual time. When I was looking for a cab, I saw an old lady who was crying and begging.
I went to her and was about to give her money when she said crying 'Beta, I want food. I haven't eaten anything from the past 3 days'. I looked for any shop but there was none so I gave her my lunch to eat and she instantly started eating. The way she was eating brought tears into my eyes.

I asked her from where she has come and her answer left me shocked. She told me that her son has left her there 1 week back with some food and promised her to come back within a few minutes but he has not come back yet. And I know that he will never come back.

How could children leave there parents like this? When parents don't have anything to eat, even at that time they somehow manage to feed their kids. But the same kids cannot give their parents two times a meal when they grow up, even when they have too much. And in spite of all these people in our country prays for their son as according to them their son will become their support in their old age. Huh if this is called support than what else can I say.

Then I did the only thing that came to my mind and I brought her to the old age home. At least she will have a roof over her head and two times meal. She gave me blessings and I promised her that I will keep coming to meet her and will try to find out her son.

All the time, there was again that feeling like someone is continuously watching my every move. Urghh not again. I turned back to see if someone is there. But no again there was no one except a black colored car.

Uff.

I looked at my watch and I was half an hour late. How it can be possible that Miss Shreya reach office on time. It will become a record na. Huh.

I took a cab and left for the office and got ready to listen to some lectures from my HR.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

ATHARVA'S POV:

It's been 6 months since I saw that mysterious girl at the club. I don't know why she crosses my mind every day since I saw her. She is not even that beautiful in fact I have seen much better girls than her.

Damn why I am thinking all this shit when I am getting late for my office because of this traffic.

These human beings will never change, what is the use of blowing the horn when it is not going to clear the traffic. And then they call themselves civilized. Huh. I increased the volume of songs to avoid these senseless humans.

A small boy came to my car and tapped on the glass of the window. He was selling pens and was asking me to buy them but I refused, I mean why would I buy these 3rd class pens. Huh.

When he left I saw the back of one girl. Her personality was looking the same as the girl I saw that night. But no she can't be her. It is just an illusion because my mind kept on thinking about her. Yes yes, she can't be her.

I was about to look another side when the girl turned and to my surprise she was her. Oh, God. She was looking just stunning in her baby pink kurta with white salwar, her hairs were open and some fringe was dangling over her forehead.

I was so mesmerized by her beauty that I forgot where I was. The horn of cars behind me brought me back to the world. Traffic was now clear so I parked my car aside to look at the beauty in front of me.

Hey Atharva what is happening to you? From when you started taking interest in these old fashioned girls. I shushed my mind as I don't know why I was not able to move my eyes from her.

I think she was helping an old lady, who was wearing a worn-out saree. She looked so poor. But why she was showing pity to her. The old lady gave her some ashirwad (blessings) types.

Ewwww why is she smiling when that filthy woman is touching her. Is she mad or what.

She left the place and I chased her to know exactly where she was going.

'Interesting' was the word that left my mouth when I saw the company in which she was working.

'Ab aega khel ka asli maza'. There was a smile on my face like I have won some battle.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Stay tuned to know what is running in Atharva's mind?? 🤔🤔