46. His Past

To all the lovely readers from my beloved country - Happy independence day 🇮🇳

Jai Hind, Jai Bharat 🇮🇳

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHREYA'S POV

After a minute he pulled away, looked here and there, and went to the bathroom. After having a shower he went out of the room without uttering a single word. You know as I said I don't understand him. A few minutes ago he was confessing his love towards me and now he is acting like he doesn't even know me. He said that he loves me but I think it is just infatuation which will end soon. He didn't return to the room that night.

But I decided to know why he reacts that way whenever he sees his stepmother and Shaurya. Because I cannot live with a mysterious man.

It is been 1 month to that incident and I am still not able to know even a little about him. Neither he nor Madhu Masi answers my questions. I tried to search for the keys of that room too but failed completely.

How could I get any information about him when he is my CCTV camera 24/7.

I was sitting in his cabin with him doing paperwork. From the day I have rejoined this office his condition is that I will not leave his cabin.

He never let me go alone anywhere. Don't know what he is afraid of like someone is going to eat me out. He is overprotective and over-possessive which I don't like because I feel like someone has caged me. And I always wanted to fly free.

My chain of thought was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in" he ordered

"Maine disturb to nahi kiya na?" (I hope I haven't disturbed you) Prem entered the cabin with his teasing remark.

Mr. Kukkad looked up angrily. His eyes were tired. These days he is working a lot.

"Ok, ok. Here are the files just go through them once. And if you want to work then you can do it for the whole night. I don't care. I have my wife and kid too who waits for me at home. So this is my last day working this long" saying this he left.

I have come to know they are business partners and he is the owner of 25% of the business. He works as the manager of Mr. Kukkad and he is with him from his childhood.

PREM!

Oh, God Prem! How can I be so stupid? He can help me in knowing the things about him.

I immediately stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"Umm....umm..cafeteria?" It came out as a question. I can't even lie properly.

"Why?"

"To grab a coffee,"

"Sit here, we will leave soon" he ordered

"I know your soon. You are a machine but I am not. I am tired you know. I need coffee right now or I will sleep right away, right here" I said angrily.

"Ok" he chuckles and without arguing further I just left for Prem's cabin before he leaves the office.

I knocked and he permitted

"Oh, Shreya, what made you come here?" He asked while packing his things.

"I want to ask you something,"

"Go ahead," he said while coming to me.

I moistened my lips and opened my mouth but then closed it.

"You can share with me if you have any problem. Consider me as your elder brother " he said while putting his hands on my shoulders.

I looked down. I was not getting from where to start.