70. Picture Perfect

SHREYA'S POV

Three months have passed and my stomach has grown big too. My skin is glowing like anything. Atharva is happy and excited about the baby more than me. He has planned everything the way he is going to welcome the baby. My mood swings a lot and he is dealing with my moods very well.

But where is he? It is 30 minutes past 8 but he hasn't returned yet. He always waits for his work to get over so that he can spend his time at home with us.

My mind drifted to the day when we won the case in court. Atharva was against it but I decided to give the punishment to the real culprit. My husband has spent many years in jail for a crime that he never committed. I decided to reopen the case and collected all the witnesses. Prem helped me a lot. Although that woman is his mother but he doesn't like her even one percent. I also asked Madhu Masi to tell the truth in the court to which she agreed happily. Her daughter also told about the day when she was kidnapped and threatened. Reopening and fighting the case was a little tough but in the end, we won and Anika is now behind the bars for her entire life. She was trying to leave the country now she can't even leave the jail.

The doorbell rang. He is back!

He placed his bag on the table and sat on his knees in front of me and kissed my stomach.

"How is my caterpillar?" He asked to my stomach.

"Hehe...it is fine. It was just waiting for the father's return. Why were you thirty minutes late?"

"Oh No! Nothing. I am just coming then we will have dinner together"

"One minute. Is everything fine? You didn't kissed me today" I put my hands on my waist.

"Oh yes!"

"Hmm"

He moistened his lips and he was looking nervous.

"Why are you acting so weird. It is not the first time we are kissing"

"Umm..yeah"

I opened my arms for him. He came to me with slow steps. He was about to kiss me when I got his reason for not coming close to me. I took a step back immediately.

"You are drunk"

He gulped.

"Why? You know I don't like that. Doctors have strictly told you to stop drinking or your internal organs will be damaged. Don't you love me and your baby?"

"It was an informal meeting. I took only one - two sips because when I was not drinking everyone was looking at me as I have grown two horns on my head."

"I Don't know anything. Don't talk to me"

I showed him my hand to stop him at his place and moved to our new room. Yes, Atharva has shifted our room on the ground floor for a few months because there was a risk of me doing up and down with a baby.

"Please try to understand butterfly"

I showed him my back.

"Sorry! I won't repeat it"

"You always do this. You say sorry for your deeds and then you again repeat it"

"This time I won't. I promise"

He sat on his knees.

"Please say your momma not to get mad at me"

"It is also angry with you" I folded my hands and turned to the other side.

"Ok! So what would you take to forgive me?"

He rubbed his chin

"chocolates?"