18. 18k Hallucination

Shreya's POV

If I say that I am sleeping with open eyes, will you believe me?

Yes, that's what I am doing for the past 2 hours. I am not getting why that kukkad has brought me here. I have nothing to do than just sitting, listening, and nodding to their boring lectures. This is reminding me of my college days where we don't care what the professors are saying, we were just busy in our telepathy or doing chats by writing and drawing pictures of the professors at the end page of the notebook and sometimes having the lunch before the break too. Haha. Those were the days.

But I don't have any buddy here with whom I can do all this. I have to tolerate this torture and that too with a smile.

"With this, I would like to end this meeting here. Thank you, everyone, for your presence"
The presenter said.

Ahaa my fake smile converted into a real one. Finally, the torture is over.

I stand beside my boss giving a smile to everyone who comes to shake his hand with him.

We were about to leave when a middle-aged man which I think was the most important personality present here approached us and said
"I hope you have received the invitation to tomorrow's party in my silver Jubilee. I am looking forward to your precious presence along with your assistant". He said the assistant looked at me.

"Yes of course. We will be there".

My smile suddenly vanished.

Party? What is this now?

He went towards the exit and I followed him. We sit in the car and he started to drive. I was not able to retain myself from asking him questions

"Did you already knew about this party?"

"Yes of course. That's why I told you to pack your bags for two days"

"But I am sorry sir, I will not attend this party" I told him clearly

He stopped the car

"Why? You know he is the biggest stakeholder and we can not say no to him".

What should I tell him that I just hate gatherings and alcohol?
No, no this won't be right.

"Umm....because because I don't know anyone there"

"I will be there, don't worry"

"But I am not comfortable around yy..."I stopped midway

"What?"

"No.... nothing, I was saying that I don't have anything to wear"

He looked at me from top to bottom.

"I mean I didn't knew that I was going to attend an anniversary. There will be a lot of rich people there. I haven't carried anything to wear that is suitable for this party. I can not go there in shirt pants, You know."

"Hmm" and with this, he restarted the car.

I did a little dance in my mind. I was finally able to convince him. Hehe.

After 10 minutes he stopped the car again. I looked to my left and we were in front of a shopping mall.

"Go and buy something"

What is serious?

"B..but what would you do here?"

"What do you think that I will waste my precious time for you. I have some important work to do and I will be back in one hour. Until then you can do shopping here."

I was looking at him dumbfounded.

"Now just leave the car. Don't waste the time because if you take even 1 minute more than an hour, I will leave you here. It will be your responsibility to reach the hotel by yourself".

How rude. Huh

I was left with no option other than doing all this shit. I mean I love doing shopping but I literally don't want to attend this party. I am not getting a good feeling at all.

I entered the shopping mall because I know it very well that this prani (human) will not give a second thought in leaving me in the middle of this unknown place.

I kept my budget as 10k which includes dress and matching accessories because I haven't received my salary yet.

I went to the dress section and started looking for dresses. There were many beautiful gowns but they were revealing too.

Then I came across an off-shoulder navy blue full-length prom dress. That was looking so beautiful. It was simple yet elegant. I roamed my finger over its work.

I searched for its price tag and it was of Rs

I searched for its price tag and it was of Rs. 18,000 way too expensive for my budget. So I moved forward.

I searched for other dresses but was not able to select one.

"Ma'am, may I help you?" A girl of around 20 years approached me. I think she works here.

"Oh yes, I was looking for a party wear dress".

"Ma'am we have a dress that will fit you perfectly and will look gorgeous on you. I am sure you will love it. That type of piece generally goes out of stock quickly".

"Ok, show"

"This side ma'am"

I followed her. She showed me the same navy blue off-shoulder gown. She took the dress and flaunt it.

"Umm...yy yeah..... it is beautiful, but it is not of my type, you know".

"Believe me ma'am it will look stunning on you. And it is of just Rs. 8000".

8000? But I am hell sure that it was of Rs. 18,000. I checked it twice. It is not possible. Am I hallucinating?

"Are you sure?" I asked her

"Yes ma'am, you can check the price tag"

I checked and it shows 8000. I think my eyes have become weak, I need to meet optician.

"Ok, pack this".

"Ma'am if you want you can try it".

I looked at my watch and I have left with only 20 minutes which means I don't have time.

"Umm...no its ok just pack it and show me some accessories suitable for this dress".

"Yes, of course, this side ma'am"

I bought matching accessories and heels, paid the bill and it was 8:00 PM so I left the mall to search for him.

But I was still confused because my eyes cannot ditch me. How can I read 8,000 as 18,000?

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

What do you think does Shreya have really read it wrong?

Ya daal m much kala hai?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I have come up with a name
'Atheya' (Atharva + Shreya)

Do tell me if it is sounding good or not.