54. The End

Atharva's POV

I got a call from Prem which interrupted me from searching for the source of the voice.

"Hello," I said in a hoarse voice.

"We have caught the driver of the car" he informed me.

"Good, you know where you have to take him. Take him there. I will join you after some time" I said and cut the call.

Although I wanted to rip the throat of that person this second but for now I have to go to my butterfly. I left the temple for the hospital.

I looked at her from outside. Doctors were doing their work. She was still looking lifeless and was not responding to the treatment in any way.

How happy she was for the day out but who knew that the day was going to be in this way.

The girl who came as a light in my dark world is herself lying in the darkness. The girl who taught me how to live life is struggling for her life.

She is facing all this because of me. I am responsible for her condition. This is me who dragged her in my life.

The ratings of the ventilator were going down and the tension of the doctors was increasing second by second.

'You promised me butterfly that you will never leave me alone. You will always be there for me. You remember your promise na'

I said this because I know she can hear the voice of my heart. She understands me more than I understand myself. There is no need for words to talk with each other.

And for a miracle, the pace of her heartbeat immediately increased and the doctors got excited. They picked up there speed too.

I cannot stand it anymore. I moved from there and started to roam back and forth. After around half an hour doctor came out.

"What happened? Is she fine now?"

"Yes, she is out of danger"

I released a breath that I don't know for how long I was holding.

"Thank You"

I thanked the doctor for saving my butterfly's life.

"But," he said sadly.

"But, what?"

"She is in a coma. And we can not say how much time she will take to come out of it. It can be a day, one week, one month, one year, or forever. But have faith in God, everything will be alright."

Coma? Forever?

I felt like someone has snatched everything from me. My feet moved towards my butterfly.

Her eyes were close. She was sleeping silently. I haven't seen her so silent in my life. She was always so energetic, so full of life. She can never even sit silently. She always keeps moving her hand or her leg, which somewhat was irritating for me. And now look at her she is lying still. Her lips were white and there were scars on the delicate skin of her beautiful face.

I took her hand in mine in a hope that she will also hold mine like she always does but she didn't. Her hands feel so cold. I kissed the back of her fingers. I remember how her body used to shiver whenever I touch her. But now she is not responding to my touches and kisses in any way.

"I want to take her back home," I said to the doctor.

"But sir, we cannot discharge her so early. She still needs care and treatment"

"Ok, send your staff to my home for her care. But I cannot leave her here" I said

I cannot leave her in the hospital because I cannot trust anyone anymore now. I will keep on changing the staff every week.