10. What the fudge

SHREYA'S POV

'Wake up beta. Today is your presentation and it is 10(minutes) past 7 AM'. My personal alarm(Mumma) called me.

'Good morning Mumma' I wished her while opening my eyes and stretching my hands and legs.

'God bless you beta. Have a good day'. She smiled and I smiled back. Her smile is my favorite thing and I adore it a lot. She is my strength. And I can do anything to see her happy.

'Now quickly stand up like a good girl and get ready'. She left the room saying this.

She still talks to me like I am a school going, girl. Hehe. But I love it.

I went straight to take blessings of Saraswati maa. I joined my hands in the namaste style, bowed my head, and prayed for my good day. I generally do not ask her anything because whatever she has given me is more than enough. And I believe that she already knows what I actually want. The most important thing is that I am happy and I just want to stay happy for my whole life 😊
And God's plan is always better than us. Right?
And I believe that there is always something good hidden for us in every bad happening😇.

Time to give blessings to my clothes. I opened my cupboard and like every time 4-5 clothes were waiting desperately to touch my feet and take my ashirwad (blessings) 😂. I said tathastu (Amen) to them. That's why my mom is always angry with me. I never put my clothes properly. I just collect them on my table whenever I come back home and once the table gets full, I just pick that bundle and stuff them in my cupboard. I don't even try to fold them.

This is how messy I am. Can you feel me?

I picked up those clothes and put them again in the cupboard and searched for my formal.
Here I go with my formal dress, which was ready to press ( Iron).
Wah...what a rhyme 😁.
I quickly took it out, ironed it, and went to the bathroom. After a good shower, I came out in my formal and looked myself in the mirror.

I tied my hairs up in a bun and tucked my fling with the help of bobby pins as much as possible. Then I applied sunscreen on my face and applied red-colored lip balm. Sprayed some perfume, keeping in mind that it does not get too much that it distracts others. Put my black colored bellies on. I wear them very rarely because I cannot handle heels. Ohh yes, how could I forget my watch? I wore it and finally I was ready.
I then checked all my important papers, my laptop, and my confidence. Hell yes, confidence is the most important thing. Phew, I took a deep breath. Finally, I am going to present before the owner of the empire. The irony is I have never met or even seen the person for whom I work. Nevertheless, it will happen today and I hope it goes smoothly.

'Come down betu, breakfast is ready'. My mom called me.

'Yes, Mumma coming. Just one minute'.

I look in the mirror for the last time, checked the time it was 8 AM that means I have one hour to reach office. My boss has called me at 9 AM for reviewing the presentation.

I went downstairs to put something in my stomach. Although I don't feel like eating because of tension still I have to because my parents will not let me go like this.

'Good morning papa'. I said while sitting on the chair.

'Good Morning beta. Is my sherni (lioness) ready for presentation?'

'Yes, papa 😊'.

'Here'. Mumma said while putting a plate full of poha. My eyes became wide after looking at that.

'Itna saara(so much). I will not eat this much'.

'This is not that much. You can eat it very easily. Beta just eat it because you don't know when will you get the change to eat today'. She said while putting her hand on my top of the head.

I ate half plate of poha and left the remaining in the plate because my stomach was full.

'Ok Mumma papa. It is 8:20 AM and I have to reach at 9:00. So I am leaving now '.

'Should I drop you?' My father asked.

'No papa, no need to get worried. I have enough time. I can go by myself. Your daughter has grown up now 😄'.

'Ok beta. All the best. Our blessings are with you' My father said

'Thank you, papa'

'Have you checked all the things that you need?' My mumma asked with great concern.

'Yes'

'Ok good, now eat this'.
She gave me one spoon full of dahi boora (cured mixed with crushed sugar). As in our culture, it is believed that we should go to work after eating sweets. It gives good results.

'Ok bye'
I hugged my mother. And left for the office.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

At the office

I reached the office on time and went straight to the boss's cabin. I discussed all the points that I am going to cover today and showed him my presentation. He suggested changes in a few points here and there and rest was fine. I made the required changes.

The meeting was going to start at 11 AM, so I started to collect all my stuff to leave the cabin as it was already 10:30 AM. As I had to check the projector and all the arrangements for the meeting room.

Someone knocked on the door.
'Come in' sir ordered and I turned on my heels to leave the office.

I dropped all the files that I was holding in my hand by looking at the person standing in front of me. I became a frozen statue and my hands and feet became numb, small drops of sweat also formed on my forehead and I started to feel dizzy.

Oh God, please no. This can't happen.
What I am thinking can not be true. Nah... I am just overthinking. Calm down Shreya, calm down. Don't make assumptions from your side. He can be one of the new employee or boss's friend, I guess.

I was taking deep breaths but I felt like my whole world has got upside down and the ground has slipped under my feet when I heard those words that left my boss's mouth.

'Good morning, Sir'

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Hello, lovely readers hope you like this chapter.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share as that keeps me motivated.

Keep smiling 🤗